[SOLVED] E6430 Updating to High Sierra?

Elbe556

• Moderators

It was assumed you have the correct BIOS setting already since you had Sierra running perfectly, not much difference for HS.

But just to be sure, E6430 runs perfectly fine with UEFI.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes it worked without problems. After the HS install when booting again and selecting install high sierra it again it just loads 5% if the loading bar with apple logo and reboots itself and keeps cycling that

NEVER MIND THE MESSAGES BELOW THIS. SKIP TO THE NEWEST POST

If you can help using Skype or some other messaging service. If you would have time later today. It’s so slow to write in this topic 

8 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

It was assumed you have the correct BIOS setting already since you had Sierra running perfectly, not much difference for HS.

But just to be sure, E6430 runs perfectly fine with UEFI.

SO,

2) Install Clover with following config, add appropriate Sierra bootpacks Only + Generic EFI from post #2 above 

( See note1 below for updating bootpack for HS)

UEFI: 

Install for UEFI booting only

Install Clover in the ESP

Drivers64UEFI\OsxAptioFixDrv-64

Using this clover config when installing it to the USB. What bootpacks do i now need to move and where?

So i did the working boot loader. It loads ok to setup. When i press install it installs till there is 2 minutes left. Then it restarts and i choose the same usb setup. But it goes back to the same screen where you can start install?

FIXED the issue that i mentioned one post up. I fixed it by booting from preboot instead of the same install os x high sierra. Now it is installing. 

NOW: I expect that i will have nothing working. Give me the usual links to kexts to this PC. If you could name what fixes what and where do i move that kext. Thank you, REALLY THANK YOU

Ok so it kind of rebooted ok. First reboot it got stuck in a graphics glitch. After that i rebooted. It made the glitch again but then booted fine... 

The touchpad does not work properly. The buttons below touchpad aren't working. If i want to use touchpad i have to apply force..

Audio is not working. Voodoo should fix that?

Also hdmi and webcam. How to fix that and the graphics issues?