[SOLVED] Can E7270 Patch for 3 and 4 finger working on trackpad

longboy9977vn

after follow your guild to make Macos High Sierra woking on dell e7270, I thinking about patch dsdt to using 3 and 4 finger like macbook, can you show me the way to do this, or just give me the way and ill try my best to get it work.

Thank you Jake Lo

• Moderators

The answer is NO, it can't be done through DSDT patching. 

You could try replacing ApplePS2Controller with VoodooPS2Controller (ALPS), the version compiled by Bronxteck.

Look at FAQ #5 to customize 4-5 finger gesture. 

I'm not sure if Alps v8 is supported though. Run the command to determine which version of Alps it has

log show | grep ALPS

• Moderators

FAQs from the Alps kexts thread!

Spoiler

FAQs:

1- On Sierra, TouchPad settings (clicking, 2 finger scroll,..)  are not saved across reboots?

Use the attached "Touchpad Settings" app as a startup app and it'll load the settings on startup.

Apple changed something in Sierra that broke compatibility with the base PS2 driver. Apple has yet to document the cha ges, and thus RehabMan (PS2 driver dev) hasn't fixed it yet.

2- Keyboard function keys are not working or are messed up?

Again, Apple changed something in Sierra without documenting it. No fix yet. 10.12.1 helps!!

3- The touchpad doesn't work as well as on Windows?

Unfortunately, the Linux driver for ALPS touchpads is not too good. Can't do anything about that. 

4- How to enable/disable edge scrolling?

set vscrolldivisor and/or hscrolldivisor to 13 (enable) or 0 (disable) in the info.plist

5- How to customize 3/4-finger gestures?

In system preferences, go to keyboard > shortcuts > double click an action to change its shortcut, perform a swipe and it'll be saved.

My bad, when i using kextulti to install kext like driver in window, but i forgot about appleps2controller in L/E, so 2 kext is not compare and no thing change, after remove everything i try 3 different kext is R6, R6 by Bronxteck, and v8, so just R6 show in trackpad settings, but all work for 3 and 4 finger, thank you for help, all is my bad

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 1.26.06 AM.png

• Like 1