M4300 wifi not working

ninjajeff

Hello everyone.

Before I ask my question I would like to extend my gratitude and appreciation for all your impressive and challenging work! I was ecstatic at how easy it was to install OSX Latitude on my 4300.

I am wondering what route I have to take to get my wifi (Intel wireless) working. I am thinking that I may have to rebrand it but before I tried that I thought I would try flashing the bios with the 4300 update however, when I boot from my usb key it gives me a "missing operating system" (after installing freedos via unetbootin)

Have I overlooked something in order to get my wifi working?

Thank you kindly for any assistance.

• Administrators

Replace the wifi with a broadcom card .. you can pick one up from ebay quite cheap :)

Make sure that your usb key is MBR and not GUID (many people change it to GUID when installing OSX, and forget to change it back to MBR after done installing)

Replace the wifi with a broadcom card .. you can pick one up from ebay quite cheap :)

Make sure that your usb key is MBR and not GUID (many people change it to GUID when installing OSX, and forget to change it back to MBR after done installing)

Thanks for the replies. I will get a Broadcom card. I ensured the USB was set to MBR and not GUID and also tried different USB keys and tried different ways of installing the freedos image etc, all to no avail.

try making the freedos pen from windows instead... i have a feeling the osx version is buggy

freedos installed via windows unetbootin and custom bios installed. no issues to report. thanks for the tip.

oddly enough the cpu is only reporting 1.81ghz instead of 2ghz. i can live with that though!