D630 with 1440x900 display Problems

TimST185

Hi Everyone,

I am new here so a BIG HELLO {Waves at all} to everyone and thanks for a great forum.

Sadly, I have to admit defeat with this D630 of mine and ask for some help from the peeps that know best.

I have a really nice spec D630 here that I am trying to install OSX 10.6.3 on.

Spec :

. Intel T9300 @ 2.5 Ghz

. Intel 965 Graphics

. LCD (1440x900)

. 2GB 667 Memory

. Broadcom 1390 WLAN

. Dell 360 Bluetooth

. A17 BIOS (Reset to Default) apart from SATA mode is set to ACHI

I have searched this forum (and others) for info on how to get this LCD to work properly but for the life of me, I can't seem to get the result's others have had :-(

I have used various methods to install 10.6.3 including :

. iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) legacy boot disc (Latest version) - works but only gives 1200x800 and you need an external monitor to get it to install

. MyHack from usb - works but gives 1024x768 resolution

. An intel boot disc that simeonoff from here posted which works fine as long as I boot from his disc - After I install a boot loader, it breaks again.

I have googled and downloaded various DSDT's (Including simeonoff's) and have placed them in various places, including replacing them after running EDP but all to no avail - My D630 either boots with a black screen or in the wrong resolution, or only with simeonoff's boot disc.

I have tried 10.6.3 install, updating to 10.6.7 (No Restart) and then EDP 1.9.2 but that doesn't work either and breaks things even worse so I gave-up on that totally in the end and went back to just trying to get 10.6.3 working.

The best Kext Pack I have found for my particular system so far is from Harowang and everything works well when I install it via KextUtility.

In fact, if I install from iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) legacy, everything works right out the box apart from the damned display !

If I install from simeonoff's boot disc, install the Kext's from Harowang and then restart using simeonoff's boot disc (No Chameleon) I get 1440x900 with FULL Acceleration (Front row etc works awesome) but I have to rely on the boot disc to start the D630.

For the life of me, I have read and re-read and tried dozen's of times how peeps have managed to get this LCD to work but I just can't work out what I am doing wrong here. (Since I did the MyHack thing on my USB stick mind, a re-install takes half the time which is good) !

I wonder if some kind soul could talk me thru this in the MOST SIMPLE of ways.......

I hate to have to ask, but I have spent all week on this trying to get it all working and now it's time to admit defeat.

Hoping someone can help me out here......

Kindest Regards,

Tim.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

the problem is the DSDT.aml you need the high res one. also make sure that in the boot plist it's set to your higher res.... if simons boot disc has com.apple.boot.plist then if your running chameleon 2svn then it needs to be renamed to org.chameleon.Boot.plist yes thats a capital B in boot.... take his Extra and use it as your own....

Cheers and welcome to osxlatitude.

Thanks for the info Bronxteck - I will have a play around today if I can find some time and post back the results.......

Maybe that capitol "B" is all I am missing as I am sure I copied the DSDT file from the install disc I downloaded.

I know I am close and that it's just something really simple that's stopping it from booting in 1440x900 as the install and all the others kext's work fine, even sleep and shutdown which a lot of peeps seem to have trouble with.

Will update as soon as I can, and thanks again for warm welcome and the Tip's. - Much appreciated Bud.

Kind Regards,

Tim.

Thanks for the info Bronxteck - I will have a play around today if I can find some time and post back the results.......

Maybe that capitol "B" is all I am missing as I am sure I copied the DSDT file from the install disc I downloaded.

I know I am close and that it's just something really simple that's stopping it from booting in 1440x900 as the install and all the others kext's work fine, even sleep and shutdown which a lot of peeps seem to have trouble with.

Will update as soon as I can, and thanks again for warm welcome and the Tip's. - Much appreciated Bud.

Kind Regards,

Tim.

Hi,

I am in similar situation like you and get the black screen on my D630 (intel 1440x900 graphics) and looking for a solution.

Can You please post your results and if possible attach links to the files that you use to fix the problems ?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am in similar situation like you and get the black screen on my D630 (intel 1440x900 graphics) and looking for a solution.

Can You please post your results and if possible attach links to the files that you use to fix the problems ?

Thanks.

theres lots of posts in the forum about 1400x900 resolution, im sure one or two of them had the solution on them,

just a shame that it doesn't work on 1280x768 res (my current stumbling block)

• Administrators

but it does i don't know where the latest issue lies with this blackscreen issue but it has worked fine up until recently. try a new chameleon 1806 with graphicsenabler=yes if not try npci=0x2000 as that model has ich9 chipset and maybe ioatafamily is having issues reading.

but it does i don't know where the latest issue lies with this blackscreen issue but it has worked fine up until recently. try a new chameleon 1806 with graphicsenabler=yes if not try npci=0x2000 as that model has ich9 chipset and maybe ioatafamily is having issues reading.

Thanks for Your comments.

But the D630 ( intel graphics 1440x900 ) has intel ich8 chipset.

Anyway, where and how do I set the graphicsenabler ? and npci ?

• Administrators

at chameleon prompt?. and if it helps you then use chameleon wizard to set it permanently. do it at chameleon prompt first or you might not like the outcome if you set it in boot plist if it does not work. unless you know terminal commands to fix it.

Hi All :-)

Posting this on my nice new stable 10.6.3 SL.

It took me a few days and (If I am honest) more than 50 re-installs but I got there in the end.

A rather strange method of installing and getting things going and nothing like any of the guides I have read but at least it's working.

The DSDT was the first stumbling block - Once I got that sorted out and a working org.chameleon.Boot.plist in place, things started to move much faster.

I'll happily post up the way that worked for me later this evening in the hope that it can help you guys above.

Regards,

Tim.

Hi All :-)

Posting this on my nice new stable 10.6.3 SL.

It took me a few days and (If I am honest) more than 50 re-installs but I got there in the end.

A rather strange method of installing and getting things going and nothing like any of the guides I have read but at least it's working.

The DSDT was the first stumbling block - Once I got that sorted out and a working org.chameleon.Boot.plist in place, things started to move much faster.

I'll happily post up the way that worked for me later this evening in the hope that it can help you guys above.

Regards,

Tim.

kudos!

now, recipe please :)