[SOLVED] MSI CX61 2PC: issue HDMI Audio Intel HD 4600 (ALC269)

kali2000

Hi again friends... I'm EMlyDinEsH friend...

Recently I've get HDMI work, but don't have HDMI Audio
I do patch AIFAzul.kext ports from 204 to 306 to have video, but don't get audio.

I have a issue for patch my HDMI Audio...

I do patch audio with this code...

Name:
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find:
03060900 00040000 87000000
Rename:
03060900 00080000 87000000

Clover Layout-ID= 28, like HDEF patch in DSDT
FakeID kext installed...
And don't have HDMI Audio... 😭

Help please...!!! 

Only this issue for full hack...

debug_10040.zip

• Administrators

Try removing layout injection from your DSDT HDAU device... I take it that, in your audio PrefPane, you don't have any HDMI audio output that you can switch to, right?

This being said:

1. your Clover config shows Azul FB on-the-fly patches whilst, at the same time, your kextcache log shows you're not running on the vanilla Azul FB kext (i.e. you've patched or replaced the vanilla kext). This is highly likely to be incorrect and you should only do one or the other, not both.
  2. according to your kextstat log, you appear to be running High Sierra 10.13.4 with Azul FB kext v10.2.5 which is from an older OS X/macOS version... I highly recommend you revert to 10.13.4's vanilla kext (v10.32.48). To be honest, I'm surprised High Sierra loads the Azul Framebebuffer from an older version of the OS.
  3. you said you patched ports #6 (0204) and #7 (0306) but you use the expected/correct layout 0x0a260006 for your mobile HD4600. By default, that layout carries no port #7, only ports #0 (0000), #5 (0105) and #6 (0204).

When you have HDMI display plugged in, start by identifying the connected iGPU FB/port in IOReg. Once that is done, revisit your Azul FB kext patch according to my patching guide. I could be wrong of course, but I'm ready to bet your HDMI display actually runs off port #5, which is usually the norm.

HDMI audio may also depend on the manner in which you get audio working, i.e. patched AppleHDA + dummy codec kext + HDEF layout x or vanilla AppleHDA + AppleALC + HDEF layout y. Let's look at my Haswell/HD4600 Latitude E6440 with ALC292 codec...

AppleALC wiki states that, for this codec, the following layouts apply:

ALC292.png

But if I go the AppleALC route, the results I get are as follows:

• HDEF layout-id 12 + AppleALC kext + vanilla AppleHDA -> audio Ok but no HDMI audio offered/listed in PrefPane when HDMI TV is plugged in
  • HDEF layout-id 18 + AppleALC kext + vanilla AppleHDA -> audio Ok but no HDMI audio offered/listed in PrefPane when HDMI TV is plugged in
  • HDEF layout-id 28 + AppleALC kext + vanilla AppleHDA -> audio Ok but no HDMI audio offered/listed in PrefPane when HDMI TV is plugged in

I will only get HDMI audio output if I run with good old patched AppleHDA:

• HDEF layout-id 1 + dummy ALC292 kext + patched AppleHDA -> audio Ok, including HDMI audio (offered/listed in Audio PrefPane)
  • NB: HDEF layout-id 1 + vanilla AppleHDA + AppleALC kext -> no audio whatsoever

Please note that I still run with Enoch bootloader and no particular parameter in the bootloader for HDMI audio. All I have is the HDEF layout injected in DSDT (with no layout under HDAU device).

According to your Clover config, your laptop is fitted with ALC269 audio codec. If you're using the AppleALC method:

• you may try a different HDEF layout id according to the recommended values:

ALC269.png

• or you may switch back to good old patched AppleHDA (which is my recommendation)

Looking at your kextcache/kextstat logs, I could not make it clear how you obtain working audio: I did not see any AppleALC kext nor any dummy kext. All I saw was what appears to be a non-vanilla AppleHDA kext with a version 999-something so I can only assume you run with an AppleHDA kext patched to inject ALC269 layouts. Please clarify all this so that, in turn, we might be of assistance. You've dispersed things all over the place: non-vanilla kexts + on-the-fly kext binary patches, Clover injections + DSDT injections; this makes it really hard to follow... 🤪 

I think you should be Ok running on-the-fly patched AppleHDA (i.e. full vanilla kext in /S/L/E) + dummy ALC269 kext + with HDEF layout-id 1 (as per Toleda's old info posted here). So, set that in your DSDT and remove any audio layout id from your Clover config (you should always avoid duplicating stuff in various places). If things are injected in DSDT, they don't need to be injected in the Clover config too. Unlike kids, computers don't need to be told twice (or more) what to do. 😉

• Moderators

@kali2000

Your HDEF and HDAU layout-id must be the same. In your DSDT, you have HDEF layout-id 28 whereas HDAU has 12. Change HDAU to 28 or just remove it as advised by Hervé, that should fix it.

Hervé, I think you misread, he had to patched port #6(204) to port #7 (306) since as you said port #7 does not exist. With port #7, the HDMI connection works.

• Administrators

Looking again at Kali's IOReg, I guess you're right Jake. I just got confused by this:

5 hours ago, kali2000 said:

[...]

I do patch audio with this code...

Name:
AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find:
03060900 00040000 87000000
Rename:
03060900 00080000 87000000

[...]

which would not work on the vanilla kext but he's clearly using a non-vanilla one; we don't know what's inside that kext, so even that patch may be useless...

I guess it would be most useful to know what the OP's done in terms of graphics and audio kexts mods (replacement and/or patching).

6 hours ago, Hervé said:

Try removing layout injection from DSDT HDAU device... I take it that, when trying HDMI audio you don't have any HDMI audio output in your audio PrefPane that you can switch to, right?

What FakePCIID kexts did you install (they're not injected through Clover...) ?

Solved ... I had an error in DSDT.
Layout-ID in HDAU was not the same as in HDEF

Congratulations... Now work..!!!

Honestly, every time I try the port patch in the latest version of AIFAzul.kext, my HDMI stops working. I do not understand why.

MacBook Pro de Kali.ioreg

Now I have a full hack in my device... If you want, I can share my work to add to EDP.
I have received a lot of help from my friend Dinesh, so a big merit is from him.

If you can get a way to get HDMI work with the latest AIFAzul.kext, I'm willing to test.
I await an answer.