dell e6430 i7-3740qm

lucano66

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now work:

- bluetooth OK (but not trackpad multitouch, only single touch and in system preferences there is no evidence of the trackpad, i read something that they are mutual exclusive, if I'm not mistaken)

- audio OK

but

- still filesystem of the HD (with sierra - jake lo solution, UEFI) in the caddy is not recognised (the system show me a message in which ask if i want format...)

- still have problem with video card: i try to explain

1) the screen random darkens, if i use the keyboard brightness control it return to full brightness

2) it random selfchange the bios setting of optimus, disabling it, so at restart i need to check if it is still enabled or got stuck on a black screen

in general the jake lo solution with sierra is stable, this solution for high sierra work, but not so well...

for example:

i cannot change in the clover configurator the SMBIOS parameter from MacBook Pro 9.2 (i tried 9.1 and 10.1 and 10.2: all crash) while in jake lo sierra solution i successfull set it to MacBook Pro 9.1 (it have a i7  quad e dual video card as my latitude e6430), but wanna retry this...

more ideas to go:

1) run the system without the caddy

2) format an HD in the caddy

3) downgrade bios from 12 to 11

In any case, here is the the debug files of the system running...

debug_27593.zip

OK, now, with the Jake Lo suggested solution in previous post:

"Try files from here

Optimus must be enabled. Nvs5200m won't work on High Sierra.

HDMI also won't work since it's hardwired to the Nvidia.

Also add this kext to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other since you're running from the caddy.

You could try just add this kext first before trying the other bootpack from link

AppleAHCIPort.kext.zip"

(without AppleAHCIPort.kext.zip)  finally OSX High Sierra full work with:

bluetooth

audio

caddy (I need to format again the HD...)!!!

BUT

still have problem with video: i try to explain

after computer start regular, the screen darkens, if i use the keyboard brightness control it came to full brightness, but after one or two time, it go in suspend mode (light on power button slowly blink).

If, at this point, I press the power button, it resume and the problem didn't show up anymore.

Any idea?

Thank You Jake Lo!