D620 + 10.6.8 = can't sleep

derFunkenstein

I had a 10.6.8 install working beautifully, INCLUDING this sleep issue I'm about to explain, and I decided to wipe it to try 10.7.2. Well Lion was pretty darn crashy so I reinstalled 10.6.3 this morning and installed the 10.6.8 combo. Then I installed the EDP and ran it. I have all the hardware working - video, sound, etc. I have a BIOS password and I enter it every time the machine boots. But I can't put it to sleep. When I hit the power button and click Sleep, it goes out for about 2 seconds, wakes up, and KPs. I do have NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler installed. I tried going without them but it would sleep, wake, and get stuck at a dark screen and I had to hold the power button to turn it off, like I do with the KPs I'm getting.

I have done the sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

I have done the touch and rm of the sleep image

I have a USB pen drive (little tiny thing from Staples) plugged in at all times.

I don't know what else to do. :( What exact options should I pick from the Kext installer? What options did YOU pick, and how are they working?

Thanks!

:D

I need to work harder before I post. I got this to work:

* Turned off wake on USB (not sure how it got turned on in the first place)

* Reinstalled EDP

* Repaired all permissions from the Terminal: sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

* Re-ran the kext config. i don't have NullCPUPowerManagement or SleepEnabler installed at all; just using AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (or whatever) and emulated SpeedStep

* Rebooted

Hit the power button and it offers to sleep and does so. Waited 10 minutes and hit the power button and it wakes up. Closed the lid and it slept again. Waited around 15 minutes and opened the lid and it woke up.