Always freezing up when I am at the "Installing" screen.

Nathan

My D630s always freeze up when I am at the Lion "Installing" screen.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and / or have any suggestions?

Note:

I have two Dell D630s (with Intel graphics & A17 BIOS).

I use MyHack 2 RC4 with Lion to create a USB install. SL always crashed.

I've tried it with the Extras from OSXLatitude (it gets further without them)

Removing the WiFi card (which was a Broadcom) did enable it to get further.

(About a quarter of the way through before it froze again).

It seems I'm not being very lucky, or I'm missing a big step somewhere.

if it's intel then leave it out get a broadcom that works. if it's broadcom then yes put it back in after install.

I'd be happy to post a screen shot when I get a chance.

However, all it would show is the usual "Installing" screen frozen with 17 minutes to go.

installing-lion.jpg

(It looks just like that - just with more time on the clock, and me unable to move the mouse and the hard drive has stopped spinning).

BTW, Thanks for your perseverance in trying to help with this. My friend bought some D630s as well in the hope they would work, so your answers are aiding him too.

post a screenshot if you can of the issue

Thanks again. I'll try that as soon as I can (probably tomorrow night).

I did try the "cpus=1 -x -v" and did set AHCI to on, but didn't think about dynamic overclocking, or know about the npci setting. I had tried the pack, but with that it never got as far as starting to install.

well if your booting my hack without our pack then you need might to boot chameleon with cpus=1 and npci=0x2000 -v -x also set bios to defaults and make sure ahci is on. turn off dynamic overclocking also.

I tried with these settings on 4 different D630s now (including 1 with Nvidia video).

Not one of them has got further than about 17 minutes remaining on the "Installing" screen.

I'd be grateful for any other ideas. Thanks.

well if your booting my hack without our pack then you need might to boot chameleon with cpus=1 and npci=0x2000 -v -x also set bios to defaults and make sure ahci is on. turn off dynamic overclocking also.