E5440 Clover Upgrade from 10.13.1 to 10.13.5

griftopia

So I'd been occupied and haven't kept with the OS updates.

After I made the transition to Clover, in place upgrades had been working great. However on this machine they are not.

When I try upgrade and restart, I get the extra menu to start OSX install but when I select it, I get the apple logo around 25% of progress bar and then my laptop restarts.

Then I thought may be the problem is because I need to apply updates in sequence. So I downloaded 10.13.2 and tried. Same thing.

I have an SSD install which I had completed following guide available here. If anyone experiencing same issue as me and have a solution would really appreciate it.

You probably need to enable FixHeaders since you updated Clover, it's been moved to a different location. The original Config needs to be updated for this change.

I don't really know how to do that, but I hope that somebody will give us a fix :D

I am downloading 10.13.5 update now.
I will try to update my Latitude E5440 from 10.13.4 and I will make an EDIT right after.

EDIT: System update finished successfully.
1. System downloaded an update 2. System rebooted automaticly 3. I needed to run Install from XXX manualy 4. System finished update procedure 5. System booted up

Appreciate it.

So my other laptop E6330 did upgrade from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5 without issue. I have some other kext issues but I can fix those.

Now, I checked my config.plist already has FixHeaders_20000000 checked for my E5440. Trying 10.13.2 but no dice. Maybe I need to start over? How do I get rid of the extra menu item and any associated files? Frankly since I first tried 10.13.5 from AppStore and then 10.13.2 manually, I don't even know what upgrade is being attempted.

PS - One thing I forgot to mention. At the back of my mind I think this might be my issue. My laptop is dual boot with Windows. Maybe this precludes in place upgrades (I hope not!). Or  maybe I have to do something for NOT using APFS? Because I recall doing something when I installed first time since I wanted to dual boot windows and APFS will not work for that option

1 hour ago, griftopia said:

PS - One thing I forgot to mention. At the back of my mind I think this might be my issue. My laptop is dual boot with Windows. Maybe this precludes in place upgrades (I hope not!). Or  maybe I have to do something for NOT using APFS? Because I recall doing something when I installed first time since I wanted to dual boot windows and APFS will not work for that option

I am running on APFS but without dualboot, worked just fine.

• Moderators

Run diskutil list for virtual drive. If found, run 

diskutil cs revert /dev/disk# <- # is the drive found with core storage 

reboot

Delete the folder in the root pertaining to the update (can't remember the actual folder name)

Rerun the update

reboot

update will reboot a couple of times before completing

Note: If you're using latest Clover, FixHeaders_20000000 has been renamed to FixHeaders and moved to a different location. 

Use latest Clover Configurator to update it. See here

@Jake LoI don't think I have virtual drive. I mean in output from diskutil list I don't see any word "virtual". I'm assuming it will show up that way. Please let me know I'm looking for something different.

Now I'm not using the most recent Clover. If you are saying I need to use new Clover else I cannot upgrade I can certainly try.

• Moderators

When I try upgrade and restart, I get the extra menu to start OSX install but when I select it, I get the apple logo around 25% of progress bar and then mylaptop restarts

That's normal. It'll reboot a couple of times before completion. So reboot and select Install MacOS from ...again until that option is gone, then you know it's completed.