E5440 Clover Upgrade from 10.13.1 to 10.13.5

griftopia

Okay Jake...

So I know what you are saying about rebooting a couple/few times until things work for the upgrade. I've updated mine like 8 times. It is not working. Now

So I want t to try upgrading Clover. I took backup of my EFI, and downloaded latest package. As I was just about to install, something hit me. You said position of Fix_Headers changed. This means new Clover will use different format for config.plist. So how do I convert old config.plist to new config.plist? Hoping there's easy way. If I mess it up might be left with unbootable laptop.

• Moderators

You should have a bootable USB handy incase these issue comes up. Either upgrade the Clover on a working USB to test or upgrade the SSD.  So when the SSD fails to boot, you still have the USB to boot from. 

I posted the link in my previous post regarding the FixHeaders. If that's unclear, here's how.

Launch the Config file with Clover Configurator (latest version).

It should automatically update the FixHeaders, but to be 100% for certain, uncheck and recheck it.

Save the Config.

Note the location of the FixHeader is now on the lower left next to AutoMerge rather than the previous on the top under Fixes