[SOLVED] E7240 - first time install High Sierra - Need help!!

Chính Xuân Mai

Hello everyone, 

this is the first time I try installing Hackintosh on my E7240 and, as expected, I run into an issue. I have follow the guide provided by Jack Lo, and after booting into clover successfully, I chose the install macOS boot option and ran into this issue. 

Has anyone had the same issue? I'm not really sure that I've done every step right, because I did them on a virtual machine. If you know what the issue might be, please help me. 

35671539_2325455984347914_6555384480528334848_n.jpg

13 hours ago, Leone Mitchell said:

Is it your I7 or I5 model?  I can share my config file if you want seeing as we have the same systems. 

Mine is an i5 model, the problem has been solved. However, I would also appreciate if you share your config file with me

21 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

FixHeaders issue

Try replacing the contents from here into /EFI/Clover

Thanks for your help, my system has already booted.

I have another question regarding the Wi-fi card. If I replace my original Wi-fi card with another that works natively with macOS (For example the Broadcom Dell DW1550 if I'm correct), then do I need to change or flash a custom BIOS? as I also read about hackintosh on other laptops and some of them require a custom BIOS.

• Moderators

No. Dell systems don't have whitelisting so no custom BIOS are required.

You probably just need 4 kexts:

Wifi:           Lilu.kext & AirportBrcmFixup.kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

Bluetooth: BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /L/E

6 hours ago, Chính Xuân Mai said:

Mine is an i5 model, the problem has been solved. However, I would also appreciate if you share your config file with me

Thanks for your help, my system has already booted.

I have another question regarding the Wi-fi card. If I replace my original Wi-fi card with another that works natively with macOS (For example the Broadcom Dell DW1550 if I'm correct), then do I need to change or flash a custom BIOS? as I also read about hackintosh on other laptops and some of them require a custom BIOS.

Here you go

CLOVER.zip

Thanks for the file, I'm waiting for the wi-fi card so I haven't had a full installation yet, just needed to check if the machine could boot into the installation screen. In case if you have already had mac running on your computer, could you give me some comments about it and if everything functions just fine?

On 6/21/2018 at 7:34 AM, Jake Lo said:

No. Dell systems don't have whitelisting so no custom BIOS are required.

You probably just need 4 kexts:

Wifi:           Lilu.kext & AirportBrcmFixup.kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

Bluetooth: BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /L/E

On 6/21/2018 at 7:25 PM, Jake Lo said:

@Chính Xuân Mai

If you're going to use the files from Leone, make sure to leave out the SSDT.aml as it's for an i7 system

Could you please give me the link download of those kexts you mentioned? I could not find all of them in those folders