Awake after sleep issue on an HP Pavilion dv6-6196ss

skyfly555

Hello, guys.

This is a Sandy Bridge, i5-2360QM, 8 GB RAM, HM65 chipset, HD3000, AMD RADEON 6770M.

I've patched DSDT with the typical patches, and installed tones of kexts. Everything is working, it even sleeps, but cannot wake: I get a black screen and computer is stuck there.

These are the patches I've used:

[igpu] hd3000 low resolution
[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
Manually - Rename EHC to EH0
[sys] ac adapter fix
[sys] add IMEI
[sys] add MCHC
[sys] HPET fix
[sys-] IRQ fix
[sys] RTC fix
[sys] Fix PNOT/PPNT
[sys] SMBUS fix
[usb] 6-series usb (HM65)
[sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 7)
[audio] Audio Layout 3
battery_HP-DV6t-6b00
[usb] USB3 _PRW 0x0D (instant wake)
and brightness keyboard patch:
<code>
into method label _Q17 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
into method label _Q18 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
end;

I attach some debug files and the OEM DSDT.

If you can help me, I'll be grateful. Thank you.

debug_19015.zip

DSDT-origin.aml.zip

• Moderators

You need to apply [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU to all the SSDT-5 as well to balance it out.

I believe the main reason is that the AMD ist fully disabled. I see it's still loaded in the IOReg file.

If applying patch to SSDT-5 still didn't work

Try applying 

[gfx0] Disable from _Reg (DSDT) and or

[gfx0] Disable/Enable on _WAK/_PTS (DSDT)

On 6/20/2018 at 6:10 PM, Jake Lo said:

You need to apply [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU to all the SSDT-5 as well to balance it out.

I believe the main reason is that the AMD ist fully disabled. I see it's still loaded in the IOReg file.

If applying patch to SSDT-5 still didn't work

Try applying 

[gfx0] Disable from _Reg (DSDT) and or

[gfx0] Disable/Enable on _WAK/_PTS (DSDT)

Thank you very much, Jake Lo, you helped me a lot to understand what's going on. I'm following a guide and it uses a SSDT table that disables the RADEON.

The reality: Don't know why, but using my own DSDT (extracted with Clover using the F4 function) I cannot wake up from sleep; but if I use the DSDT from the guide, I can. Weirder, my DV6 (it's 6196ss) and the DV6 from the guide (it's 6c65sx) are nearly the same machine, but its DSDT size is 58KB and mine is 51 KB (shouldn't they be the same size?).

What's more, with my DSDT I have some "aleatory moving horizontal green lines" when I play youtube HD videos; with this other DSDT, I haven't.

I attach the two DSDT files, with the same patches applied, for reference, although the issue in this very moment is weirdly solved. I'll try to understand what's happening, and why I didn't need to apply any patches in SSDT-5.aml to get "wake up after sleep" running on using the 6c65sx DSDT.

DSDT-dv6-6c65sx-goldenegg.aml.zip

DSDT-dv6-6196ss-same-patches.aml.zip