HAIER Y11B: HIGH SIERRA INSTALLATION HELP!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So One QUICK question, How I install it? Just like I installed Sierra with bootpack? Or what? I'm doing this for the first time. And Also I have two problems, when my laptop goes to sleep the TouchScreen stops working, how do i fix that? And sometimes the wifi too, and it says nic not found.

• Moderators

Ok, must be miscommunication. When you wrote successfully update, I guess you mean Clover and not High Sierra.

So with Clover and new bootpack added and still boots, then you should have no problem upgrading to High Sierra. 

Just download the Installer and upgrade directly as like a real Mac.  See here for instruction if you want to keep HFS instead of automatically upgrade to APFS.

Just to be safe, you could create the USB installer following the same link and see if you could boot to the Installer with HS bootpack and latest Clover too of course.

Touchscreen (assuming it's USB based) and wifi (assuming that's USB as well) could be due to USB issue.

I didn’t know about the Filesystems untill just now, which one do you recommend me using? I do have an SSD.

Also If I want to Clean Install High Sierra, Can Just make new USB Installer with the BootPack(My Current EFI folder) and Install?

Because have tried directly updating, it reboots @40 Mins Remaing showing lines of codes.

• Moderators

yes, new USB with the bootpack.

For HS upgrade, it'll take a couple of reboots before completing. So check to see if you have an extra boot option "Install Mac OS from...."

Select that to continue.

Did you run the command "--converttoapfs No"? 

If not then it'll convert to APFS and you'll need to add APFS.efi or APFSLoader.efi in order for drive to appear.

I hard rebooted it, and it worked.

have Loaded into the system. The Aurio is no working..

And how can I check for other stuff like if its working or not?

and I didn’t execute the comman which you mentioned earlier, so what do I have to do? Where to get the file?

Also I have to Press enter twice at boot to make it work, otherwise it gets stuck!! And While Shutdown or Restart, I have to see bunch of Codes.

• Moderators

Did you forget to copy the kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

Repair permissions and rebuild cache?

If you didn't run the converttoapfs command and still about to successfully boot, then you don't need APFS.efi or you already have it. Either way, I won't know unless you send me your debug files or the Clover folder.

If you don't want to see all the codes during boot and shutdown, remove the verbose mode in the Config file.