Dell E6420 i7 Nvidia ''Sierra'' - How setup NVram

bestgamer28

• Moderators

Ok, you're booting with Optimus enabled but NVS4200m can't be used in OS X.

Had to use HD3000 which is fine but battery is draining fast if you don't disable the Nvidia.

Since it can't be disabled via BIOS, it must be disabled via DSDT patching.

So according to the Config file you're using, you are missing SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-6.aml and SSDT-PNLF.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

SSDT-6 is to disable the NVidia

SSDT-PNLF is for brightness control

Once you have those restored, you need to copy /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE/AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /Library/Extensions

Repair permission and rebuild cache. This should enable brightness slider. Use Fn+F3 and Fn+Insert to control the slider

As for HDMI, it's hardwired to the Nvidia, so it won't work. If you want to use HDMI, you need to use the Nvidia (disable Optimus in BIOS). Last support OS X is Sierra.

For audio to restore to the same level, when installing Clover, try selecting AptioMemoryFix.efi under drivers64UEFI.

Not sure if that'll work.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

it must be disabled via DSDT patching.

So according to the Config file you're using, you are missing SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-6.aml and SSDT-PNLF.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

SSDT-6 is to disable the NVidia

SSDT-PNLF is for brightness control

Once you have those restored, you need to copy /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE/AppleBacklightInjector.kext to /Library/Extensions

Repair permission and rebuild cache.

DSDT patching how I do it? with Clover configurator ? 

Repair and permission is done with Clover configurator too ?

This is what I see from my clover configurator screen I seems to have those files (in the right low corner)

Capture d’écran 2018-07-02 à 15.07.21.png

• Moderators

Yes, those file will load from /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched, but they are not there. 

I see you only have DSDT.aml and ssdtPRGen.sh

Where did you get the boot files?

Repair permission and rebuild cache. Run command from terminal (or run permission.sh found in Hack_Tools)

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

• Moderators

Wow, thanks for the link, I was not aware of that guide. He's totally using most of my files from here but left out some as well.

Here, add these to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched

Copy AppleBacklightInjector.kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

E6420_NVS.zip

So he is using your files without permission from you lol its not fair Im glad make you discover that and its help you. So I write in the terminal each line one by one or all in one shot ? I tried the first two its telling me ''chmod: illegal; option -- ? and the other one: ''chown: 0:0: illegal group name. I tried the whole group and its telling a popup message the extension AppleBacklightInjector.kext could not be installed...