E6440 - Questions

Warmo

Hi, Im planning to get a E6440 as my first hackintosh build, after watching and reading up on it, i just have some questions before I buy one

With wifi, I know the card is unsupported so ill get a new one but bluetooth works? aperently the laptop has a WWAN port so I can have both cards at once, so would handoff work?

With high sierra, would I be able to connect up to a monitor?

and lastly, is graphics switching possible between the AMD card and intel 4000? I dont want to run games but if I use Adobe/Final Cut, it would be useful 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

As long as it's Bluetooth 4.0 LE, handoff will work.

HMDI also works.

Optimus is not supported in OS X (hackintosh) so the AMD will be disabled. HD 4600 will be running perfectly fine.

34 minutes ago, Bronxteck said:

latest high Sierra and Mojave might need BT4.1 module for handoff but no modules on hand or data to confirm.

yes need to disable AMD for battery life.

Ok, so how would I disable the AMD, via bios?
Ok i'll have to look into that but if I need an upgrade, is it possible to get a 4.1 bluetooth on PCIe?

• Moderators

Set BIOS according to this link

You can follow my Clover guide here and use the bootpack from here. The DSDT /SSDT are patched to disable the Nvidia card.

High Sierra guide is at the end of the Clover guide.

I don't believe there's any PCIe card with 4.1 Bluetooth available, you could try googling. Make sure it's OS X compatible, or go with an USB dongle.

• Administrators

The E6440 has 3 x PCIe slots. 2 of them are 1/2 size and the 3rd one (full size) is combo PCIe/USB/mSATA.

The AMD dGPU is unsupported so you can't even run only on it. The only supported GPU is the Intel HD4x00 iGPU (exact Haswell iGPU version according to fitted CPU). You can check Jake's guide or my guide regarding disabling the dGPU. It's done through patching the SSDTs. We've already posted patched tables.

• Moderators

The files are based of A14, latest BIOS is A21. 

It should work still. If you want to use latest BIOS and files, then you could send me the latest raw files and I'll patch them for you.

Upgrade your BIOS, set settings as suggested in the BIOS link.

Create the Installer using the linked bootpack. Boot with the USB installer, when you get to the Clover screen. Press F4.

Remove and mount the USB EFI partition from another system, compresss and attach /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder here