E6440 - Questions

Warmo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, i'm trying to boot my mackintosh into setup (it finally arived!) although Its not working, i get it saying End Random seed and + signs then it restarts, any ideas?

EDIT: Ok ive copied some more files from the pack you guys linked me to, on first boot I get garbled screen with the round cross symbol, second start I get a NVRAM error.

I also found out the cmos battery is dead in this laptop so thats another thing I have to order...

Ok, i changed the BIOS settings again and the OSX installer finally boots, but the trackpad doesn't work but the mouse thing in the middle of the keyboard works

After doing the install and using clover again I get this error below:

I think I am using the wrong kexts or clovers not configured properly 

EFI.zip

IMG_3613.JPG

• Moderators

Remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi from /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI, you already have AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

Main issue is your Config.plist is incomplete. Copy the same file from the USB installer.

Ok, well after sorting out the aptiofix files and using another usb port ive got it boot and clover works without a usb, horray!

BUT, there is still some issues, Ive got no sound,usb ports not working, and some wierd graphical glitches and you need to press hard on the trackpad for it to be recognised by OSX, any ideas please?

• Moderators

Did you copy the kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*

sudo touch -f /L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /