[SOLVED] E7450 Wifi card installed, but not working

MarkyMac

Hi

I've been running an E7450 with an external wifi dongle, due to incompatibility with the built in Intel card.  

I've now been able to install a Broadcom card (Dell DW1830 WiFi + Bluetooth card HHKJD BCM943602BAED).

This is showing up on the top-bar in finder, and is visible in preferences and About this Mac.  I can see it's come up as en4, and that it has a MAC address.  However, it's "off".  Turning it "on" does nothing.   About Mac shows it as Type 'Airport' and Hardware 'AirPort'

It's shown as 'status: inactive' when I run ifconfig -a

Any ideas on getting this working?

Update - have now used Clover to edit plist on Kernel & Kext Patches Page.

I had a line for "AirPortBrcm4360" that was set to disable.  I've now enabled and rebooted.

About my Mac now shows:-

Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x24)

Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.37.31.1a9)

That's a step forward.

Nothing shown under Bluetooth devices.  Suspect I need kext or more patches, but no idea where to start.

I found an article on here about 'origin' folders.  Mine was empty.  Have pasted in the contents of the given ZIP, but it hasn't helped.

If anything, it's worse.  System Information is now just showing it as a 'AirPort' again in type and hardware.

OK, done.  No joy.

I had those 4 kexts already, so assume I now just have updated ones.

Still no bluetooth stuff shown in System Information under 'Bluetooth', and similarly nothing about bluetooth under USB.

Under Network,  I see Bluetooth PAN, and the same Wifi Airport as before.

I still can't turn the device 'ON'.

thanks