dragasoni

I have an older Dell E6410 with an i7 and 4GB of RAM.  Is it possible, or even worth it, to load OSX on to it? If needed, I can provide all the hardware details of the laptop when I get home later this evening. My biggest issue is that I don't have a MAC to download OSX and setup a USB drive with...could I do that in VM Ware or Virtualbox, perhaps?

I'm pretty familiar with Windows and Linux, but am a total n00b regarding hackintoshing, so please forgive me if I'm asking ridiculous questions.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

• Like 1

• Moderators

See guide here for bootpack

You could try later OS X but no guide for it at the moment.

Oh here's one for Sierra.

See here for Windows guide

A youtube guide here

I have not personally try any of them...so you'll have to try it on your own and maybe learn something in the process.

Ok, I'll just go for High Sierra if you think the hardware will handle it.  My only concern is the 4GB of RAM the laptop has, should I double it?  Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it. 

Also, I found out a coworker has a MacBook Pro and said he'd create a boot disk for me. So, I'm going to take him up on that offer to save me from the added frustration of trying to create the boot disk on Windows.