[SOLVED] E6420: Booting Issues after this week's Security Update for macOS Sierra 10.12.6

spidey123

Hi guys, been a long while since I've had any issues with my e6420.  However, just the other day I took the latest security patch/update and updated Clover to the latest as well.  Now it takes about 10 seconds longer to boot the Apple loading bar only appears for a split second just before the loading is fully complete.  To make matters worse, everytime I turn off my computer and then go to turn it on a few hours later, it never boots up the first time, the computer then restarts and it boots up.  This only starting happening after this week's security update.  Do I need to update some Kext's or my config?  Using Clover 4586.   I'm thinking I might have to update a kext or that there is something in my config that needs to be modified, after the update.

Already tried rebuilding cache and it did not work.  Have a feeling it might have to do with my sdcard kext.

Well I ran the debug generator.  Not sure if it dumped properly or not, which Is why I labeled it 'maybe failed".  If not I will try again.  I was missing some sort of developer tool.  But while it was installing my computer rebooted, I'm assuming it had something to do with the script that was running.  Anyhow will check back in a little later.  Please let me know if i need to rerun.   

Thanks guys.

P.s  Removed the earlier files as I think there was something wrong with them.  Going to try the debug script again tonight and repost.  

Oh wow, so after looking at my Clover install I noticed that the newest version of Clover seems to auto install a bunch of Drivers64Uefi Drivers.   It never use to do that in the past.  So, I reinstalled and added just the Drivers64Uefi I have always used since the very beginning.  After that Viola, the Apple Loading Bar reappeared and everything boots up quickly and properly again.   I will keep testing though tonight.  But It appears that the latest version of Clover messed up and added too many Drivers64Uefi.

So i think all is resolved now.  However, I'm going to test to make sure all works perfectly over the next day or so and then leave my findings on this thread.  If everything is good then I know for sure that Clover added files I didn't need which messed up how it boots up..  

Thanks again guys. 

Ok so I can now confirm, the laptop is booting fine again.  Looks like the latest versions of Clover auto install additional UEFI drivers that don't mess well with this verison of E6420.  I slowly removed them one by one till I had just the basics needed and it has worked without a hitch ever since.  

Not sure if you want to leave this post up for others in the future or not, but I believe the issue has now been resolved.

Thanks for the suggestions Jake Lo and Herve.