E7470 Cannot boot to installer after successful install then botch job

bobgunnison

I successfully installed 10.13.6  on E7470 with BIOS 1.17.5 using this Jake Lo Guide with DW1560 Wifi.  Everything was working after a month of messing with it, then I decided it would be a good idea to install Windows on another partition without backing up first and messed it up.  I saved the EFI from the USB installer and the EFI from the successful SSD install before I went for a reinstall. Neither EFI from the working install would boot installer again.  It kernel panics, hangs at fakeSMC,  RTC, or at creating RAM Disc for var/logs.

BIOS settings - AHCI, no legacy ROM, no wake on LAN, no secure boot, version 1.17.5.

I decided to upgrade my RAM to 16GB and my SSD to Samsung 970 EVO 500GB before asking for help with patching my DSDT.  I've been messing with this for two months now and can use some help.  I cannot seem to figure out DSDT patching.  I can get my dsdt.aml to dsdt.dsl but I don't know what patches I looking for in MaciASL. Just lists Rehabman's patches and I don't know what I'm looking for. I'd prefer to know how to patch my files correctly, but I'll take any help I can.

EFI.zip

No such luck, I edited the DSDT boot it's still freezing near FakeSMC or RTC.  I can use some help with patching the files.

I reset the bios to factory, enabled AHCI, no legacy ROM, no wake on LAN, no secure boot.

Fresh installer with two different USB drives. Using the Alternate boot pack and Clover Vibrant.  I update all kext files.  Tried unselecting Hynix NVMe patch 10.13.x since I upgraded the drive to Samsung, but this wasn't helping to boot with the old drive either.

Does anyone have any ideas on this. I've tried patching and it still freezes during boot up near FakeSMC or RTC.  I don't understand how I could have had successful install and now I can't even boot to the installer.  I'm obviously missing something, but I don't know what it could be.  I've been working on this thing since June 6th.  Any help is appreciated.

• Moderators

First off, you shouldn't be using the alternative bootpack, wrong for you system.

Second, usually change hardware and BIOS settings breaks the system especially when the DSDT/SSDT are statically patched for a specific config.

Here, replace the attached to /EFI/Clover

Also remove the following from /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

• EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi replaces them both

E7470_bobgunnison.zip

Well, you rock.  Thank you,  I was not giving up but I wasn't getting anywhere with it.  Yours booted up no problem.  

I'm trying to find the post, but I thought I was supposed to use the Alternative boot pack if you counted 13 SSDT after F4 in clover.  I have 15 now but I had 13 before.  Does this depend on your BIOS settings or have I just lost my mind with this thing? 

I swear I had 13 and needed the Alternative.  Hell, it booted, installed, and was fully working before I tried to make it dual boot. I'd like to know, but it could also be good for someone else lurking and trying to find the solution like I was.

• Moderators

Could be the added Wireless card that added the additional SSDT?

I'm not sure, I didn't spend the time to compare. Just knew some has more, others less and that causes wireless card not detected.

Going forward, it's probably best to patch own DSDT/SSDT instead of using mine if they're not working correctly.