PaintArm

[SOLVED] AppleHDA Audio stopped working since update to 10.13.6 - Optiplex 3020 MT with GTX 1050 TI

I certainly can the next time it happens. I am connected over DP. When I was on 10.13.5 it worked fine. After the upgrade to 10.13.6 just intermittent. I was looking through the IOReg and it references the connector type as HDMI (<00 08 00 00>) and further down it references the dp device as C. I don’t know how to change the connector type to <00 04 00 00> which will identify it as a DP connector not HDMI. Maybe that would help. Also all references in IOReg for device is for HDAU are <00 07 00 00> but I think I need it to be <00 03 00 00> which makes the audio work natively with AppleHDA over the HD4600 DP port. Am I thinking on the right lines or no where near?

You can ignore the layout-id. The developer of AppleALC.kext has make a workaround to support Mojave since it had dropped a lot of the layout-id. See here

v1.2.8

Added basic 10.14 compatibility via masking real layout-id

AppleALC selected layout-id is now shown as alc-layout-id in ioreg

Overriden layout-id can be passed asapple-layout-id (alcaaplid=X)

I'm not familiar with patching connector type for Nvidia. If you're switching over to HD4600, that's should be easy to do and you should use layout-id=15 for HDEF/HDAU

The DSDT hasn't made any difference unfortunately. I downloaded a voodooHDA kext and put that in EFI/Clover/Kexts and that loads up the audio. Not ideal or how I wanted it but I think I'll do that until I update to Mojave. The only side effect is I seem to get some odd graphics anomalies, flickers and things from time to time