Inspiron 7370: unable to obtain graphics acceleration

tikizondo94

• Administrators

can you post your current EFI here?

also can you use clover configurator app to generate a config it should put it on your desktop look through it, it should look different to your normal config. you might have to clean up the graphics section as it populates that with some defaults but you can try it first before removing then add it to clover efi then select it from clover GUI options remove any fake id's from it and any intel injection plus also chose bios.aml for DSDT also disable any fakepcid kexts from the clover GUI space bar disable kexts option. the generated config should add some devices for you into the device properties section of config.

basically what I want to try is a simplified streamlined config.

maybe you have too many things loaded fighting each other for the graphics.

my HD530 does not need much at all to boot properly. I am not using DSDT or SSDT just the latest compiled whateverggreen kext, lilu, fakeSMC, mausiethernet, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext and voodoohda for my audio

you would obviously need a few more like trackpad/keyboard kexts maybe the backlight and wifi stuff.

whatever green has now become a universal graphics plugin.

it incorporates many of the lilu plugins into one project.

it has intelgraphicsfixup,whatevergreen,nvidiafixup,shiki so you will have to also remove/ disable those to test

Lilu-1.2.6-2018-07-22 12.28.42.zip

WhateverGreen-1.2.0-2018-07-22 12.28.58.zip

• Administrators

I was looking for similar machines to try smbios from and it looks like the MacBook 10,1 used HD615 graphics that is similar to your UHD620

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/specs/macbook-core-i7-1.4-12-mid-2017-specs.html

https://www.notebookcheck.net/UHD-Graphics-620-vs-HD-Graphics-615-vs-HD-Graphics-630_8098_7441_7652.247598.0.html

Ok, Ive tried with SmBios macbook 10.1 and added compiled the latest lilu and WhateverGreen Kext. Installed them in L/E. Deleted FakePCIIDIntel kext and IntelGraphicsFixUp kext. And for some reason im still locking at the same point during boot. This thing just doesn't want to run QE/CI lol. Attached is a pic of my verbose lock point. And also the generated-config clover configurator created. Each time i try to generate one clover config crashes. And i also cant open the config in clover configurator. I have to use plist editor to view it. Strange.. 

config-generate.plist.zip

IMG_20180722_175152.jpg

• Administrators

no it seems my HD530 runs native after setting the DVMT so i do not need to inject intel. 

did that efi make any difference or are you still having issues?

i also noticed you only had fakesmc in other folder so where are you putting yours? make sure your old kexts do not conflict with this EFI.

I'll switch them around and give it a shot. On my desktop hacks I always use Clover/Kexts/other and it's always worked flawless. I recently switched to L/E due to when asking for help on "another" website they won't talk to you unless your Kexts are in L/E.