Inspiron 7370: unable to obtain graphics acceleration

tikizondo94

• Administrators

LOL depends on who the help is.

there are certain kexts that work better in the system though. most of rehabmans work is designed to be in the system.

anything related to lilu should be in clover efi

did you try that injection for eDP connector you where attempting at IM? from what i recall his method was patching a haswell for eDp

there are only two people i know that speak graphics framebuffer fluently :P and that is @Hervé and @Jake Lo 

the benefit to the clover other folder is that you have your kexts when in the installer and recovery partitions

I've tried multiple patches to patch lvds to eDP but have had no luck. I've tried direct patching of the kbl framebuffer kext. But it usually just loads to a black screen. I can find the correct data in the framebuffer code. But I'm still no convinced I'm adding the correct connector code. I think 04000000 is the connector data for eDP. And 00040000 is the data for DP. Still not 100% sure I'm right though lol 

I added fakepciid and fakepciidbroadcom for my wifi to the efi. Thats it. I removed all the other kexts from L/E including FakeSMC and installed all kexts in clover/kext/other. Its strange because the verbose screen loads very dim. Its hard to read. I can of course still get into the OS with my USB installer fine to make corrections. But im still not able to boot from this efi currently. 

Well I've seemed to have made some headway lol. I compiled the latest whatevergreen and lilu kexts. Also added HibernationFixup and voodoohda for some quick sound output. But I also added the minstolen patch and removed all injection from the Graphics section in clover. Just using inject EDID. Changed to a MacBookpro 14.2 via what the FB patcher is saying to use. And I can boot up without having to use 0x12345678. It still shows vram at 7mb for my uhd620 but animations are smoother that when using an invalid ID. Hey,. it's something! lol. Attached is my latest clover and photos. 

Also, I believe it's a 300 series chipset. 8th gen 8550u i7. Kaby Lake -R 

CLOVER.zip

Screenshot at Jul 23 20-46-08.png

• Administrators

the EFI i posted was all the kexts i used i have nothing in s/l/e or l/e... did you remove all the graphics patching kexts other then lilu and whatevergreen. you can also try rebuilding caches. also you can try regenerating the clover config and recheck the device properties section to see if it add's your graphics and to see if it looks correct.

i tried that framebuffer app but  adding the boot flag to the config file i did not find the FB dump it was supposed to do on the root of the drive i was on mojave.