[SOLVED] E7440: Battery ran out in standby and now it won't boot

blackthorn87

So I had my hackintosh on standby and the battery ran out. Now when I try to boot it gets to clover and I select my partition to boot and nothing happens. I then booted in verbose mode and all I get is a line of +'s.

I have a Dell latitude e7440. i7, 8gb ram. If you need any other specs lets me know.

Thanks!

When I press space the only options I get are in the attached image.

The closest option to what you're saying is 'Disable PowerNap', but that is already checked.

I then went back to the home screen and pressed f11.

But it still doesn't load. When I enter verbose mode, all I get is a line of +'s. If I also select Safe Mode all it does is say 'Safe Mode' before the line of +'s.

Is there anything else I can do, or will I have to reinstall macOS over the top of my current install?

I just checked booting with my boot usb and I loaded into macOS fine. Maybe I corrupted my Clover partition? I did try to update my clover install, but I still can't boot.

IMG_20180724_124701.jpg

It does seem like I corrupted my clover install. It's all good now! The latest update works fine.

I'll tell you what, the boot usb is the most useful troubleshooting tool you'll need for a hackintosh; it allows you to boot into macOS  even if you have an issue!

Thanks for the help!