[SOLVED] E7440 - Broken Headphone Audio

Bill Wilson

I have an i7 E7440 with High Sierra 10.13.6 installed with the High Sierra bootpack from this website. All the audio over the laptop speakers, airplay and bluetooth works perfectly. But upon plugging something into headphone output, there is a loud crackling sound followed by white noise that is independent of the system volume. Even if the computers volume is muted the white noise is still there. If you plug in headphones while a song is playing then you can briefly hear it behind the white noise. The system properly detects that headphones are plugged in, a headphone option shows up in the sound settings and the speakers mute themselves. After about 30 seconds of no audio playing while headphones are plugged in the white noise stops, but resumes if there is any sound, and the white noises stops again after about 30 seconds of no audio. I have tried reinstalling High Sierra but it continues to occur. The only kext changes I have made are installing a fix for an atheros wifi card. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

config.zip

DSDT.zip

• Moderators

You missed a step it seems. There should be a couple of kexts inside /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/LE or CopyToLE

Those kexts should be copied to /Library/Extensions

• CodecCommander <- fixes the static noise
  • AppleBacklightInjector <- enable Brightness Slider
  • DisableTurboBoostBattery

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

• Like 1

Hi there! I also have this problem after updating to 10.13.6. I don't know if it is the version of the kext or something, but I have tried all the methods mentioned in this post but the problem is still there. Should I reinstall the whole OS? currently there are lots of apps that I don't wanna reinstall them once more time.

I have the same issue, running 10.13.6

Static on headphone port, when built in speaker audio is fine.

Plugging in the headphones gives static (LOUD), and the output device name changes from Dahili Hoparlorler to Kulaklik

Named kexts appear to be in the right place, and have done repair permissions and rebuilt the cache.

Any ideas?