[Solved] E6230 High Sierra - Lid problem

Hello, i've installed High Sierra on my Dell Latitude E6230 (i7 3520m, BIOS A19) this afternoon using this post, and fixed all the bugs i've encountered, but now the lid doesn't put the computer in sleep mode (it was working after the installation)

I think that the problem occured when I replaced the DSDT.aml with this one.

My EFI folder is attached here, thanks in advance ^^

EFI.zip

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't work, the screen still stays on

I've verified that the sensor is working and in the BIOS Setup the screen is turning off correctly

If you need any log ask me

Still no luck, sorry 😕

EDIT: Maybe a kext problem ? I don't really know which ones can be responsible for that, I'm new to this world

• Administrators

I've no issue with my modified DSDT from BIOS A19 and based on the above exchanges, your issue is clearly not DSDT related. Something else has changed.

Did you check your hibernation configuration? What mode are you on? Please post output of Terminal command

pmset -g

Refer to the FAQ forum section for Sleep configuration.

Can you upload a copy of your EFI folder so I can try it ?

Maybe I'm missing something

I did some experimentations and when I boot from the Clover in my USB installation driver rather than my SSD, the lid isn't working at first but works after the computer goes randomly into sleep mode

• Administrators

Your Clover config file looks Ok to me; it's identical to what I use on my own E6230 High Sierra USB installer. What differs though is the set of kexts...

All I use is:

• ACPIBatteryManager
  • AppleHDA_IDT92HD93
  • CodecCommander
  • AppleIntelE1000e
  • FakePCIID
  • FakePCIIDXHCIMux
  • FakeSMC
  • VoodooPS2Controller (R6 by Bronxteck)

On the other hand, you've added:

• AppleALC + dummy IDT92HD93 kexts (you should only use one or the other, not both and since your DSDT inject layout 12, I'd say you must run on dummy IDT kext + patched AppleHDA)
  • IntelGraphicsFixup
  • AppleBackLightInjector
  • DisableTurboBoostBattery

I choose to cache my add-on kexts through installation in /L/E rather than inject through EFI/Clover/kexts/Other at boot time. You use SSDT-PNLF whereas I injected a PNLF device in my DSDT, but they should be (and do) the same. The code differs between the two...

I suggest you clean up your kexts and verify behaviour again thereafter.