Latitude 5480 - High Sierra 10.13.6

A Bc

Hi. The following are not working: Ethernet, Wi-Fi (DW1560), trackpad, keyboard, brightness control, probably others as well. Putting VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID either in /L/E or E/C/K/O results in KP. No photo for the KP but a useful message was something along the lines of "VoodooGPIO: SunrisePoint-LP: Failed to get GPIO interrupt". Attached debug folder, please let me know if I should post full system specs. Thank you for any help.

debug_6969.zip

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Will most likely need to re-patch your files if you have different version of BIOS and settings. 

Boot to Clover, press F4.

Compress and attach the Clover folder for review

KP when adding the Voodoo kext is a sign that the Apple IC2 kexts are not disabled.

I guess the disabler is not working, so will need to manually remove these kexts from /S/L/E

• AppleHPM
  • AppleIntelLpssI2C
  • AppleIntelLpssI2CController

Don't forget to repair permissions and rebuild cache

Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, trackpad, keyboard, brightness control now working, tested also after sleep. Did not yet remove the Apple* kexts nor did I add VoodooI2C to any path, should I go ahead and do that?

Sound is still not working (on the laptop speakers - it works over Bluetooth). Attached debug and CLOVER folder.

Edit: for sound, DPCIManager shows a CM238 HD Audio Controller. Hope it helps.

CLOVER.zip

debug_9315.zip

Thank you very much. Installed 2.9.0-Clover-V12 in UEFI mode, sound works well now (seems it did not need to install AppleHDADisabler as well). 3.5 mm jack also works but it has quite a bit of hiss (tested with Sennheiser HD 518). Can I turn down the amplifier on the sound card to make it disappear?

Additionally, can you please help me fix a few less important issues I've found?

1. I get a KP when connecting a display via HDMI. If I boot up the laptop with the HDMI already connected, the external display isn't detected. Applied AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer patch, HDMI now works (tested with hotplug but without sound).
  2. The trackpad is detected as a mouse, so I don't have access to gestures.
  3. Text and other things on the laptop display are a bit too small. Can I somehow emulate HiDPI scaling on 1600x900?
  4. I hid the FileVault Prebooter option in Clover Configurator and tried booting from the normal Mac OS option. The OS booted normally but the mouse and keyboard are no longer working. Do I need to put I2C/PS2 kexts elsewhere? Seems to have only happened once