Dell Vostro 3446 high Sierra

Abhishek Pal

Hello All,

Greetings to everyone !!!

I have Dell Vostro 3446 with A14 BIOS version and 8GB aftermarket RAM(Kingston 8GB PC3L 1600MHz Laptop RAM (KVR16LS118) to be precise) and is my daily driver and only laptop.

Here is the link to the exact model, https://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/inbsd1/product-support/servicetag/9ppp812/configuration

I am hoping to be able to run MacOSX for learning development. Although I am more than aware the risk and issues to carry this out but I am completely new to the world of hackintoshes and was not able to find any other threads on any of the hackintosh forums for my laptop.

I have already read what another post here in this forum to be able to make this laptop hackintosh but it seems very confusing and jargon to me.

Also, I did not see anything related to NVIDIA GPU here too. If that is working on this laptop?

Could this be upgraded to Mojave(I know I am asking a lot already)?

I would be very happy to follow it all if anyone can help me understand the step by step process.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Abhishek

• Administrators

Ok, so it's a Haswell laptop with the following specs:

• Series 8 chipset
  • i3-4005U @1.70GHz (no Turbo boost)
  • 8GB RAM
  • Intel HD 4400 graphics + Nvidia GeForce 820M
  • 14.0" LCD 1366x768
  • Realtek RTL8106/RTL8111 Gigabit Ethernet
  • DW1705 802.11n + BT4.0 wireless card (compatible but poorly supported; better to replace)
  • Realtek ALC255 ? (ALC3223) audio
  • USB 2.0 + USB3 ports
  • HD Webcam
  • Synaptics Touchpad

If you have a SD card reader, it should be:

• Realtek RTS5170 Card Reader

That laptop is perfectly able to run current macOS High Sierra and will support Mojave. Optimus technology being unsupported in Hackintoshes, you won't be able to have dual graphics, only the HD4400 (fully supported) or, possibly, the nVidia (if supported).

We can look at extracting the ACPI tables (DSDT/SSDT) from your BIOS for eventual patching.

• Like 2

• Moderators

You can start by creating an installer following my Clover guide here.

Then add the attached contents into /EFI/Clover

I see you already have BIOS A14, make sure to set settings to 

UEFI, AHCI, Secure boot disabled, Legacy Option ROMs enabled, XD CPU Support enabled

Once booted to Clover, press F4, then F2. 

Then continue the installation process. If failed to boot, then post the KP / Error

and attached the Clover folder for review and patching.

3446_installer.zip

Thank you so much for replying here Jake.

I have found a thread which says below I'm scared of as I do not have another PC and I have created the boot USB from VMWare MacOSX installation:

I used this fantastic guide that you'll have to create everything and put it together.

The 3452 zip was originally used.  along with the newest EFI zip

BUT

Some small changes are needed 

ADD to clover

Haswell Patch + Kernel support CPU + xcpm (without any one it will NOT boot)

I tried and Googled the stuff, I could not found the kernel as indicated. 

Link to the thread:
https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/9741-dell-latitude-14-vostro-3446-sierra/?tab=comments#comment-69083

• Moderators

/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder is empty.

Need you to reboot again into Clover GUI. Press F4 or Fn+F4. Just wait a couple of seconds if needed.

Now check that /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Origin folder is populated with DSDT/SSDT....

Now compress and attach it.