Latitude 5414 Rugged - High Sierra 10.13.6

FoxND001

Update - testing has gone pretty well.  The system now seems pretty stable for the past week with VT-D turned off with the current set of patches and config tweaks.  I'm calling it good at this point!

I'll start rolling this into a good tarball and start putting together a nice setup guide.

@Jake Lo, thanks a lot for your help and guidance - I would not have gotten the 5414 to work without your help.  Final question - should I post the last set of DSDT files for patching (since I did make a change by turning off VT-D), or do you think the current set of patches are good as is?  They seem to work fine, but I thought I'd check with you on this.

Thanks again - will begin working on the guide for the 5414.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appolgise for the necrobump, but is there a link to the most recent tutorial or clover package? Whenever I do mine It hangs on various points like  APFS module start appleUSBHostresources0, VM subsystem is on (I disabled VT-D), or Restore Environment Starting. Is this a bad USB drive or an issue with the most recent debug EFI package?

• Moderators

Just update Clover to latest version with the following settings

Install for UEFI booting only

Install Clover in the ESP

Drivers64UEFI\DataHubDxe-64

Drivers64UEFI\FSInject-64

Drivers64UEFI\SMCHelper-64

Drivers64UEFI\ApfsDriverLoader-64

Drivers64UEFI\AptioMemoryFix-64

Drivers64UEFI\PartitionDxe-64

Install Clover Preference Pane 

Add to Drivers64UEFI\HFSPlus.efi (Not included in Clover installer)

and update kexts as well

Here are all the files I used.

CLOVER.zip 

Im 75% sure it has something to do with the APFS, as when I tried to do a fresh re-load of the boot loader, I accidently clicked the APFS loader, and even after removing the EFI and replacing it, it may still have lingers. I would really just like a preloaded pack as it would save me a lot of effort of having to hash together the old and new plsts, themes, kexts, and EFI's.

I plan on posting three other permutations soon and their hang spots.