Latitude 5414 Rugged - High Sierra 10.13.6

FoxND001

Here are the 3 permutations and the findings I discovered using the methods

Clover Permutations EFI's.7z
Default Clover EFI Install with HPFSPlus64.EFI & Kexts
Result Install VM Swap Substem is On
Result HDD Bypassed Verbose startup, hanged on apple screen.

2.Updated Clover EFI from Fourm PKG with HPFSPlus64.efi
Result Install Creating ram Disk for /var/log/
Result HDD Posts from Verbose, but hangs a little under the Apple boot screen.

3. Hybrid of Fresh Clover EFI install with Fourm .plst’s and kexts
Result Install Restore environment is starting
Result HDD 1st time was 16550AF Apple 0UART SYNC.
2nd time is Complete success HOWEVER I used the boot arguments of the files provided with the files clover generated.  Further more the brightness is still dim as it was during the first boot post install, as well as having some dead zones for the touch screen (in the upper third part of the screen)

With this in mind I’d appreciate some aid in generating a more specific kext set, with brightness support, fixed touch screen calibration, theme, non verbose, and auto boot / 1 second boot time, without the risk of breaking the kexts.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This gets me to DMOS has arrived, can you try using this method EFI.zip ? I can boot into this if I use the provided boot, but switch to config_post.plst, yet there still isn't any brightness support.

Is there a way to combine these two (themes and boot arguments of the first but main components of the _post) as well as a valid brightness control kext? I'm so close!

• Moderators

If the Config post works, then to fix the brightness, uncheck AddPNLF. Remove AppleBacklightInjector.kext if you have it install in /S/L/E or /L/E

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

1 hour ago, Jake Lo said:

If the Config post works, then to fix the brightness, uncheck AddPNLF. Remove AppleBacklightInjector.kext if you have it install in /S/L/E or /L/E

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

But it doesn't work. I need to combine the two kekts there. One works to boot and one (Post) works to get to the desktop. Can you help with that at least please, or is it something silly needed to be done in configurator or a text editing tool?

The config files

Theres the config.plst and the config_post.plst

I can boot if I boot into the menu with the first one, but switch to post in the 2nd. I think It has something to do with the boot arguments but I am not sure. Whenever I boot from the config_post.plst directly I get a non themed, improper resolution, and non bootable system. So I need some pointers how to get a themed, autobooting, and proper resolution and boot args from the 1st, but the readings and proper post menu booting from the 2nd.

From the efi.zip file I posted earlier.

This gets me stuck at Half an apple bar booting from Hard Drive, and verbose results in in freezing around "apfs innode" or "creating ramdisk /var/log " for setup.

Once again, I can however use this and then boot in with the config_post.plst that I posted in the same zip file.  I've never encountered something this fickle. It seems to have something to do with loading APFS support but I cant pin what exactly is the magic touch of going through all those hoops. It's oblviously not the boot arguments, so what else could it be.