[Solved] D620 OS X 10.7.5 Pointing Stick Support?

Robert Paulson
Go to solution Solved by Hervé,

Hello,

I'm having the hardest time getting the pointing stick to work on my D620. From what I understand, the pointing stick is supported on some Dell and Lenovo models by the current version of RehabMan's VoodooPS2 driver (2018_05_06 v1.8.34) that I have installed. However, it doesn't seem to support the D620, as neither my pointing stick nor their mouse buttons work at all. The pointing stick seems to respond right as I come to the login screen after I boot up, but only by wildly jumping the cursor all over the screen. After I log in, it stops working altogether.

I've looked all over creation for an answer to this issue but to no avail, so I've come to you guys, begging for help. I love using the pointing stick in Windows and Linux, and I would love to get it working with Lion. Is there any way to make that happen?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Oh wow, that's embarrassing. Accidentally posted this in the wrong subforum and I can't delete the thread... Sorry! 😳

EDIT 2: Okay, I've solved it, finally! Turns out the prebuilt kexts that are offered aren't built for i386, so apparently they weren't being used. (I have no idea what I was using for my keyboard and touchpad. Strange...) I had to build from source with Xcode with the architecture set to 'Standard (32/64 bit Intel)', replaced the old kext, fixed all the permissions and rebuilt the kextcache. It was running just fine after a simple reboot.

Sorry to bother y'all! Hopefully someone else finds this post helpful.

Edited by Robert Paulson