acquarius.13

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Jake Lo with your zip it is working.

I appreciated a faster boot (in my opinion, I did not measure it), but I can hear fans working continuously. I will keep you updated in future trials if, after completing updates, I still hear those fans working a lot, since I cannot measure any temperature. Is there a way to get back the hardware sensors?

By the way, I had the CpuPm instead of CpuSsdt because in my usual configuration the config.plist is set with CpuPm. If I put CpuSsdt in acpi tables, I can boot and work but even if I use the proper commands to prevent hibernation, when the machine goes to sleep, then it is impossible to have it back without switching it of brutally. Is this normal? 

UPDATE

After installing macOS updates, fans are working less than before. Now I'm trying to solve battery percentage issue.

ACPIBatteryManager.kext and abm_firstpolldelay=16000 doesn't work to solve battery % issue

Hi @Jake Lo,

the package you gave me E7x50_Mojave.zip makes the hack booting and working, but sleep is not working properly, even after applying hibernation prevention commands:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

sudo rm -f /var/vm/sleepimage

sudo pmset -a hibernatefile /dev/null

In attachment you can see what it is going on. It's not always the same behaviour, but typically the system doesn't go to sleep automatically and, after wake, it hangs at a certain point. I hope this can be a good feedback about improving the pack for HS and Mojave future installations.

I think I can give up in patching DSDT and SSDT's: I appreciated a lot your big effort in helping me (also many thanks to @viking1304)

From what I can understand, that package should work with mojave: if you need a sort of "beta tester" I'm available to test it and to report feedbacks on what is working or not.

Thanks a lot again

Marco

I am sorry, I think I made an oversight.

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                {
                    Return (GPRW (0x69, 0x04))
                }

Can you try to rename GPRW instead of UPRW in config

change GPRW to XPRW     47505257     58505257

and to replace SSDT-UPRW.aml with SSDT-GPRW.aml?

SSDT-GPRW.aml.zip

EDIT:

I just tried this on my machine and my hot patched DSDT looks promising:

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
                {
                    Return (XPRW (0x69, 0x04))
                }

Please let us know if it works for you.