D430 freezing at install and then can't boot from HD. booting of pen is fine.

Guest bluedays

Guest bluedays

Hi,

Installing on D430 (I've read a lot of the post on this forum, many had same 2nd issue but not the first one, still not clue how to resolve 2nd one though)

I've used the method 2 to create the usb pen, works like a charm to boot, installation starts then I have several issues:

1- either mid way or close to the end it seems to not advance, then I get an error dialog saying 'can't reboot on disk xxx', and it's asking me to restart. if I click ok I get an infinite progress...no reboot. Anyone got that before?

2- if I force the reboot and boot of the usb pen, selecting the HD, it goes well, then I install edp 1.9.2, then I install chameleon from the app folder. and reboot (I'm staying on 10.6.0, should I update, from other thread I see yes/no answer but at same time it boots find from usb pen on 10.6.0?), it reboots nicely, get the boot loader run of the HD, but after I select my HD it crashes (get the apple system crash multilanguage message). I have no issue if I boot of the usb pen and select my HD.

what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Guest bluedays

you also have to run edptool.command and build for your machine

Thanks. This is for the second issue, correct (HDD not botton)? I did download the bootpack from this site and put it at the root of my HD and got 10.6.8 to work except sound and trackpad. I'll run the edptool.command tonight.

For the install freezing before end I suppose it's not linked.

Guest bluedays

Ok so I went back to the first step of making the usb pen as I remembered I did update it with the latest boot pack, I replaced the Extra folder with original one and it worked. Got the install to finish properly, this also fixed the trackpad/sound issue I had right after installing. So thanks guys! My kids are happy to have a 'mac' laptop!!

I am running into similar issues on my D430. I have installed SL via the USB pen method and when the install finished everything seemed to work great accept it would not boot to from the HD. I installed chameleon boot loader and ran the EDP 1.9.2. Now after my D430 reboots I have lost my keyboard, mouse, and video card settings are only showing 1024x768 (was 1280 x 800 before reboot). It seems the EDP has broken quite a few things on my machine! What is my next move here guys? For now I have my blue tooth keyboard and USB mouse working so I can navigate but not sure what direction to go. I am running 10.6.0 do I need to update to 10.6.8 ???

I did a rebuild of 1.9.2 and ran threw the edptools.command again and sure enough I am back in business. Everything that I can see is working sound, video, network etc.

Thanks! Now I think I will try to install Lion hope that goes well thanks for the quick reply.