Dell e6530 Post installation issues High Sierra 10.13.6

Smart Tek Peru

Hi everyone, I recently managed to install Mac OS 10.13.6 to my dell E6530 (dual gpu>Nvidia graphics nvs5200m + IntelHD4000), Dell Bios ver A20. After some customization I got almost everything working but there a few things that I would like to fix:

1. Sleep issues: if I press the power button, the laptop goes to sleep but only for 2 seconds and then it's up again. If I close the lid, it does the same. I looked for the wake up reason in the log files and all show the same: LID0 EH02.

2018-09-06 14:49:11.170999-0500  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: LID0 EH02

2018-09-06 14:57:59.577740-0500  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: LID0 EH02

2018-09-06 14:57:59.577742-0500  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: LID0 EH02

2. Usb 3.0 not injecting: My laptop has 2 2.0 USB ports and 2 3.0 ports. On system report/USB, I am able to see the 2.0 ports but there's no 3.0 ports on the list. I am using USBinjectall kexts + ACPI patches: change EHC1 to EH01, change EHC2 to EH02 + Kextstopatch: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 837D940F 0F839704 0000 837D940F 90909090 9090 , but I am not able to make the 3.0 ports available.

3. Sd card reader: Is any way to make the O2 micro sd card reader work?

4. Video glitch on boot (apple logos and a grey bar at the bottom of the screen): this is not affecting performance if the intel gpu, as far as I can tell, but it’s a little bit annoying.

Jake Lo already explained me that it is not possible to make the HDMI video output work since in this laptop model the HDMI connector is hardware connected to the Nvidia GPU and since it is being disable via DSDT, it won't work.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

PD DSDT file attached

DSDT.aml.zip

• Administrators

1) Sleep: did you disable hibernation as detailed in our FAQ section? Your DSDT is certainly suitably patched on the USB ports power management front.

2) USB3: your DSDT contains the following (Apple-specific) code under the _INI method of scope _SB.PCI0:

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                {
                    Store (0x2710, OSYS)
                }

Try and remove this and, instead, apply the following change to the Windows 2006-related code that you'll find a little further down the _INI method:

If (LOr (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2006")))
                {
                    Store (0x07D6, OSYS)
                }

This should activate your USB3.0 root. Then, all you'll need are Rehabman's FakePCIID + FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts for USB2.0/USB3.0 multiplexing.

Note that the renaming of EHCx device to EH0x for USB2.0 ports may not be required on the E6x30 family. I use no such renaming on my E6230 and all works well with MBP9,2 SMBIOS.

3) SD card reader: your DSDT contains an incomplete (and cosmetic-only) patch for device RP06.PXSX. O2 SD card reader for the E6x30 laptops is covered in the dedicated R&D -> Hardware section. Patch your DSDT device accordingly.

4) Graphics glitches: did you apply the final stage boot glitch patch ? In IOGraphicsFamily kext, binary replace 0100007522 by 010000EB22. You can apply this as an on-the-fly Clover patch.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:52 AM, Hervé said:

1) Sleep: did you disable hibernation as detailed in our FAQ section? Your DSDT is certainly suitably patched on the USB ports power management front.

2) USB3: your DSDT contains the following (Apple-specific) code under the _INI method of scope _SB.PCI0:

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                {
                    Store (0x2710, OSYS)
                }

Try and remove this and, instead, apply the following change to the Windows 2006-related code that you'll find a little further down the _INI method:

If (LOr (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2006")))
                {
                    Store (0x07D6, OSYS)
                }

This should activate your USB3.0 root. Then, all you'll need are Rehabman's FakePCIID + FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts for USB2.0/USB3.0 multiplexing.

Note that the renaming of EHCx device to EH0x for USB2.0 ports may not be required on the E6x30 family. I use no such renaming on my E6230 and all works well with MBP9,2 SMBIOS.

3) SD card reader: your DSDT contains an incomplete (and cosmetic-only) patch for device RP06.PXSX. O2 SD card reader for the E6x30 laptops is covered in the dedicated R&D -> Hardware section. Patch your DSDT device accordingly.

4) Graphics glitches: did you apply the final stage boot glitch patch ? In IOGraphicsFamily kext, binary replace 0100007522 by 010000EB22. You can apply this as an on-the-fly Clover patch.

1. Sleep: Followed instructions and now sleeps works fine. SOLVED

2. USB 3.0 not working yet. Changed my DSDT file as suggested, installed FakePCIID + FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts to system/library/extensions (just to make sure, I have them in clover/others too ). Kext wizard shows that they are not being loaded. USBinjectall is loaded though. See attached.

3. SD card reader: Work in progress...

4. Graphics glitches: Patched as suggested but the glitches are still there. Something I noticed is that the clover boot log shows that only 2 kext to patch requested are being processed when there is a third one (intel glitches fix), see attached. 

0:147  0:000  KextsToPatch: 2 requested

0:147  0:000   - [00]: AppleAHCIPort (Fix IO Error ICH10) :: BinPatch :: data len: 20

0:147  0:000   - [01]: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI (USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart) :: BinPatch :: data len: 10

Any other suggestions? 

Thank you

add usb3.0 dsdt.png

USB IORegistry.png

Intel fix clover.png

I am sorry, made a mistake somewhere. Kexttopatch are loading from clover correctly.  See attached

1. Sleep: Followed instructions and now sleeps works fine. SOLVED (actually I had to apply patches mentioned on the next line )

2. A minimal video glitch on boot. I had to apply rehab video patched to fix sleep completely and the low brightness issue on boot. 

REMINING ISSUES

1. USB 3.0 not working yet. Changed my DSDT file as suggested, installed FakePCIID + FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts to system/library/extensions (just to make sure, I have them in clover/others too ). Kext wizard shows that they are not being loaded. USBinjectall is loaded though. See attached.

2. SD card reader: applied patches to RP06 but it's not working. IOreg shows device on RP06. 

Attached is my updated dsdt

Thank you

ioregSD.png

kexttopatch.png

DSDT.zip

On 9/13/2018 at 8:48 AM, Nguyen Tu said:

You will try this my DSDT. It working with my machine ( E6530, NVS A20). Card reader, bluetooth ...work perfect. Use it with brcmpatchram2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

Goodluck!!!

DSDT_A20.zip

I took a look to your DSDT but I cannot see a patch related to the sd card reader. Is it working on your laptop? 

• Administrators

@Smart Tek Peru, you made a typo in your SDXC device patch: you've injected a "device-type" property instead of "device_type"... Seems it invalidates then entire patch since your IOReg clearly show no "compatible" entry set to "pci14e4,16bc"; it should!

SDXC.jpg

Re: USB ports, you've kept your initial Darwin check in PCI0 _INI method. Why don't you get rid of it since you've got the check added alongside Windows 2006? I would also recommend you modify your HPET device from this:

IRQNoFlags ()
                            {0}
                        IRQNoFlags (_Y10)
                            {8}

to this:

IRQNoFlags ()
                            {0,8,11,15}