Installing/upgrading to Mojave - Optiplex 9020 (HD4600)

naulaksan

Can anyone confirm if HDMI audio works with AppleALC and Lilu?

I'd like to have HDMI audio. I also tried the AppleHDA_ALC280.kext and the 3 patches in Clover Config with no success.

I am using a display to HDMI adapter for this application, there is no Display Port input available. Not sure if that is causing issues with HDMI audio.

I could go with bluetooth for the audio connection, but HDMI would be my first choice.

• Moderators

Yes DP Audio worked perfectly with AppleALC and Lilu with layout-id 15.

I only tested DP to DP. I'll give HDMI to DP a try and report back when I can

Here's my Mojave bootpack, will work for OSX below as well but sleep issue on HS.

Replace into /EFI/Clover. No other kext in /S/L/E or /L/E

9020_A22_Mojave.zip

Update: Confirmed HDMI to DP works perfectly with DP audio

6/07/2019 - Latest bootpack. If you want internal audio, change to layout-id 16 but rear jack won't work.

9020_Mojave.zip

HDMI sound is working using DP adapter to HDMI cable. :)

I had cable plugged in to DP2. As soon as I booted with it plugged into DP1, HDMI sound came right up. 

I also have dual-monitors running using 2 DP adapters, but there are some glitches.

If the computer is booted with both monitors plugged in, it will reboot before it reaches the desktop.

If I plug 1 monitor into DP2, then boot and wait until startup is past the clover menu, then plug second monitor into DP1, dual-monitors work.

Maybe a glitch that can be smoothed out with a clover boot arg? 

Dual-monitors are not important to me at this time, I just thought I would try them.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 11:09 PM, Jake Lo said:

Yes DP Audio worked perfectly with AppleALC and Lilu with layout-id 15.

I only tested DP to DP. I'll give HDMI to DP a try and report back when I can

Here's my Mojave bootpack, will work for OSX below as well but sleep issue on HS.

Replace into /EFI/Clover. No other kext in /S/L/E or /L/E

9020_A22_Mojave.zip

Update: Confirmed HDMI to DP works perfectly with DP audio

Boot process behaving correcly, then complete black screen... Tried with my trusty GT710 too, same result, black screen. Monitor is on but no display...

DP used, tried most recent Lilu, ALC and Whatevergreen, removed completely the GT710. Also, tried different SMBIOS (14,1 - 14,2 - 14,4 and your 15,1). Always going to a black screen, display on...

As for the GT710, the result is exactly the same with correct Config.plist (NVidia and NVidia web checked). Kepler is supposed to be native in Mojave.

Something else going on as I get exactly the same result with IGPU or GFX...

Even tried other combinations of EFI folders and files, different Drivers UEFI: boot process is fine until final display is supposed to kick in...