Installing/upgrading to Mojave - Optiplex 9020 (HD4600)

naulaksan

Thanks Jake Lo for the help!  @Jake Lo

I was able to get a 9020 up and running with your A22 Mojave pack in an earlier post on page 3. 

I noticed my USB 3.0 ports can detect a USB 3.0 flash drive but it cannot see an external WD USB 3.0 2TB portable mechanical drive. Are the USB3.0 ports working correctly? 

@naulaksan

What resolution and text scaling are you able to get?... I have been able to install Mojava on my Dell Optiplex 9020. It boots in to the MacOS fine, but only allow me to have 25** x 1600 (don't remember exactly) resolution. I tried what you mentioned i.e. coping all kexts from EFI to L,E and then executed the terminal commands as you mentioned but then I am unable to boot in to the OS and have to reinstall it fresh.

Would you mind sharing your EFI folder and config file

thanks

Updated last week to 10.14.2: clean install then data migration. Added an ASUS PCE AC68 PCIe wifi adapter working oob in MacOS.

Running smooth and all my audio apps are working fine. ITunes DRM playing without a hitch but experienced a couple of graphic glitches (artifacts) with my GT710 Kepler...   

With the injector in the Jake Lo bootpack : https://osxlatitude.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20143 or with FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIIDXHCIMux.kext (or like me, with the two combined, the injector and the Mux kext). No problems here. In my case, I've modified my own injector with all the ports as the 9020 has a total of 14 ports, below the 15 limit.