[SOLVED] E7450 - Clover USB Installer - Black screen

itzkr0me

Hi Guys! I'm back trying to hack a Dell E7450 Broadwell i5 (intel graphics) and am having issues even getting started. I've done this before, but this one is giving me headaches.

I install Clover (4617) onto a 64GB USB stick according to the instructions. Please the proper generic EFI folder in the proper location as well as the HS bootpacks (running latest A19 bios, so I used those files), LILU, Intel Patch (as opposed to messing with the BIOS) and the HSFPlus.efi file. I can boot to the initial screen where you choose to enter Clover boot. It runs through a whole bunch of stuff and then for about 1/8th of a second shows the apple logo and a progress bar, then exits to a black screen. It goes no further. The computer still has the WIFI light on and if I press a button my USB stick will flash as if it's being accessed. The computer seems to be on, just no picture. Any thoughts here?

What files do you need? I didn't see anything in "Problem Reporting" or FAQ that could help with getting you what you need to point me in the right direction.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening Jake & everyone. I've spent the better part of the day today trying to fix my graphics issue to no avail. Any help is appreciated. I've attached a screenshot of my graphics that is showing 7MB VRAM total. I do not have QE/CI at the moment. Everything else seems to be working fine aside from this.

Problem reporting files are attached.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 8.22.28 PM.png

debug_24056.zip