eazyone

DW1702 (AR9285): no native support in Mojave

Hi,

I have a Dell DW1702 wifi card installed. Before installing Mojave, everything worked ok. Unfortunately, after upgrading to Mojave, the wifi card stopped working. I installed the same kexts as in High Sierra, but unfortunately the system does not detect the wifi card.

Kexts which I used: AtherosWiFiInjector.kext and IOath3kfrmwr.kext

Please help me.

Support for Atheros cards was indeed dropped in Mojave and the Atheros40 PlugIn kext is no longer provided inside IO80211Family kext. If installing a copy of the Atheros kext from a previous macOS version such as High Sierra does provide support under Mojave, note that the simple DSDT patch provided in our inventory will also bring native support for AR9285-based wireless cards without additional kexts.

On 9/27/2018 at 8:31 PM, tanphu194 said:

To save your time, here's my kext. Put in /S/L/E, rebuild permission/cache or put inside IO80211Family.kext, whatever works. Also I attached the injector kext, put it in Clover/kexts/Other

Remove the two obsolete kexts you use as well.

AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip

Ar9285Injector.kext.zip

Dude, you just saved my life!

I've installed Airportatheros40.kext many times many ways, learned a lot of things, but missed Ar9285injector.kext.

Now it just works fine

Thanks again!

On 9/28/2018 at 3:31 AM, tanphu194 said:

To save your time, here's my kext. Put in /S/L/E, rebuild permission/cache or put inside IO80211Family.kext, whatever works. Also I attached the injector kext, put it in Clover/kexts/Other

Remove the two obsolete kexts you use as well.

AirPortAtheros40.kext.zip

Ar9285Injector.kext.zip

After adding a device id(pci168c,2e) in the info.plist of AirPortAtheros40.kext,  wifi get worked on High Sierra, Acer 3830T shipped with an AR5B97 mini card.

Thank you, Dude !

Erm, this thread was about DW1702 support in Mojave...

Whilst I can understand you're totally chuffed about your discovery, please note that this solution is not sustainable to OS updates. As such, it's much better to use the DSDT patch as explained in post #1 of our Wireless cards inventory threads (like the one linked above) or inject the device ids through kext's Info.plist patch in Clover.

This being said, AR5B97 card and the required patch(es) are already mentioned in this Sie/HiSie/Moj inventory as well as in the 1st one for SL->EC, so there's no need to repeat again that it works; we already know and it's been known for years...

AR5B97_support.jpg

Patching.jpg

Now let's stop the off-topic and close this thread.