D630 X3100 Random Freeze fix?

klex

Since the beginning (10.7.0) I'm now on 10.7.2, I've had everything working really great,except for the occasional lockup that happens. You can still move the mouse, but nothing else works. You can only power down and power up to get back up and running. And sometimes, (70%) of the time, it boots to a KP (Kernel Panic) or 2, before you get back to desktop.

Fixing permissions does not fix this. I've tried a different kexts, cpu settings, etc, and the problem seems to persists. It seems to happen the most when I'm using any kind of browser, but it also happens when a browser is not even running. I thought it might have something to do with temp, (I usually run between 120 and 150.) But I've had it freeze when it's at 120, but not freeze at 150+.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks guys!

I'm running A17 modified bios (with the apple logo, that I got from this site)

4GB Memory (2x2GB)

Processor, T7250, 2.0, 2MB

nope same issues with x3100 macs like macbook air 1,1 and others

What a shame... So close to perfect. If I swapped my motherboard with an nvidia based chipset, everything would work, without random freeze issue?

Hi, everyone, i have too the same problem, the same configuration...i think is a problem with safari, but if you say it happens to air 1,1 too, i do not know...compare to 10.6.8 it works better, except when it get freeze...