Dell E6400/6500 research thread

Mariusz

just found atheros from Sony vaio is supported in lion. I found it is hard to find dell wifi 1510, how ever, my friend has a xps 14z, it's wifi dell 1515 atheros, I will try to find someone help us to exchange with intel wifi5300, and try to drive in my latest 10.7.3

specific: e6500, p9500, 2gb+2gb, 120gb old Samsung sata had not ssd, no webcam, intel 82567 LAN, wifi5300, bt370, nvs160m, wwan 5530, bios a25 not a27, lion 10.7.3 11d50.

for anyone interesting e6500 install lion, please refer my paste, and thank mr. Mariusz give new Dsdt.aml and boot pack-e6x00.zip!

and enjoy myHack Edp edition.

Got my E6510 successfully loaded with Lion. Everything works except; Wifi (ordered a Dell card to fix this - internal NIC works fine), Sleep/Hibernate won't work - it just blanks the screen and never comes back alive (just disabled all screensaver/sleep functions), shutdown (the system shuts down Lion, but never turns the machine off. Restart works fine, tho.).

Guest lowis

Same here with my E6400 . Ordered a Dell Card to fix WIFI. Sleep Works ( only SUDO Command needed )

•  
  • LAN Works

10.7.3 11d50.

Hi Mariusz,

First of all thank you so much for all your hard work and sharing everything with the rest of us! I have never used a Mac before so this was quite a challenge for me, but after working on this for about 12 hours yesterday I managed to get my E6400 up and running smoothly! I have the same setup as you with a P9600 chip. As I'm typing this I just noticed that it is not in your list. The problem I'm having is that I can't shut the computer down. Screen goes blank but the hard drive stays on. Everything is the same as your setup except for the chip and the WiFi card (i have the intel 5100). I am using your kexts and your latest dsdt.aml file (I replaced this on the USB stick prior to installation...it doesn't need to be replaced again right?). If you have any ideas as to why shut down won't work I'd love to hear it. Thanks again!

Gabor

Hi Mariusz,

First of all thank you so much for all your hard work and sharing everything with the rest of us! I have never used a Mac before so this was quite a challenge for me, but after working on this for about 12 hours yesterday I managed to get my E6400 up and running smoothly! I have the same setup as you with a P9600 chip. As I'm typing this I just noticed that it is not in your list. The problem I'm having is that I can't shut the computer down. Screen goes blank but the hard drive stays on. Everything is the same as your setup except for the chip and the WiFi card (i have the intel 5100). I am using your kexts and your latest dsdt.aml file (I replaced this on the USB stick prior to installation...it doesn't need to be replaced again right?). If you have any ideas as to why shut down won't work I'd love to hear it. Thanks again!

Gabor

Strange the shutdown fix should work.

Anyways try this DSDT: dsdt-shutdown.aml.zip

Just rename it to dsdt.aml and replace in /Extra/

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. So I installed the new dsdt.aml by dragging and dropping in the extra folder (is that the correct way?) now the hard drive turns off but the power button and keyboard stay lit. I've read all your posts quite a few times so I'm not asking any questions that have been answered. Sorry I'm really knew and this stuff is pretty difficult for me. Which shutdown fix are you referring to? I'm not sure if I applied it. Also the sleep feature doesn't work either. I've read different posts that say it works and that it doesn't. I'm not sure if it does. I tried sudo pmset ttyskeepawake 0 as well as sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3. Thank you!

Strange the shutdown fix should work.

Anyways try this DSDT: dsdt-shutdown.aml.zip

Just rename it to dsdt.aml and replace in /Extra/