Dell E6400/6500 research thread

Mariusz

While confessing I've had little experience with Snow Leopard on this particular machine, sleep is a challenge on this for most OS X versions. If the only other issue is audio, I might suggest that you look for a kext that has shown success in this unit and give it a shot, using something like kext wizard.

I see. Are there any kexts you recommend for audio? And for sleep. I've seen other machines with sleep working on snow leopard. I've also heard that it's easier to get sleep to work on snow leopard than it is on lion or mountain lion. I'd prefer to have sleep if at all possible.

In the first post of this thread Mariusz gives instructions for using VoodooHDA 2.7.3 with some into.plist editing, I presume that would work for you (again, I've never used Snow Leopard on this machine, so I can't verify). Sleep is an issue that plagues many on many machines, on this it has been difficult. Mariusz also shows how to enable suspend to RAM just past his audio info, it's what I use.

So I'm about to do a complete clean reinstall. Can you give me the files that I would need and directions? It would be very appreciated. Also how do I install a pslist?

(And I'm also planning to install Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on the second partition if that is important.)