[SOLVED] E7240 HS / Mojave no audio output device

sykojgee

Sorry, but I don't quite understand your explanation. It's my fault, of course. I have Latitude 7240, I have appleALC.kext on S/L/E and Lilu.kext in clover efi folder, but I have no sound. ¿How and where can I change LAYOUT ID with Clover configurator to 12? Could you give me the tutorial address to do that? I'm a bit lost. Thanks in advantage.

• Moderators

AppleALC.kext should be where Lilu.kext is to run, so move it to Clover /kexts/Other folder.

To change the layout-id, you have 2 places to check. 

1) Config file / under Devices->Audio->Inject. Enter the # 12

2) DSDT, you'll need an app like MacIASL to open the file. Search for HDEF, look for layout-id, change it there.Or best to just remove the layout-id declaration

• Like 1

Many thanks, Jake Lo. I had to re-install Mojave to restore the vanilla copy of APPLE HDA. After that I remove the hotpatches from Clove COnfigurator and put the number 12 under Audio Inject. I don't know why, but my HDEF had not layout -id declaration, so now I have my audio working without problem. Lilu and APPLEALC are in Clover/Kexts/Others. Didn't need to install them in L/E or S/L/E. You are great.

Entropic.

Hello there 

after I updated to 10.14.1 i don't have any sound and weirdly i get a wonky ethernet connection. The Ethernet lamp in the network configuration changes from green to red and back. Several times a minute. I am wondering what this is causing this now. Via wifi its stable but not through the ethernet port. My config didn't change since last time a updated and managed to get sound due your helping hand.

:-) 

CLOVER.zip

well, after I updated all kexts and changed ids , sound is not working. I tried 1,2,3 and 12,13,15 nothing.

Ethernet looks stable. 

Because I have 2 drives, this problem generator script always looks up my first efi partition but should scan and save onto my second drive. But I don't know how to get that done.