[SUCCESS] Latitude E5440 Mojave Upgrade With Clover

griftopia

So I have an E5440 with dual boot. I had never been able to upgrade it from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6 from AppStore. It used to create the "helper" install app but after I selected it in Install Menu used to bomb. Needless to say I was very surprised when I was able to upgrade to Mojave using the AppStore. However, I'm having the same/similar issues that I am with my E6330.

I'm guessing I need new kexts for my sound/bluetooth. At least for sound if someone can give me the appropriate ALC kext. THEN I can see if I can apply it. It doesn't seem like my kexts are being read from /S/L/E or /L/E, but would help to have correct kexts first to eliminate that problem.

Thanks much.

• Moderators

If you're using AppleHDA_ALC292, you could remove it from /L/E or /S/L/E.

Replace it with AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext in Clover kexts/Other folder

Change layout-id to 12 and disable all the AppleHDA hotpatches under kextToPatch

Do the same for E6330 for audio except you remove AppleHDA_IDT.kext from /S/L/E or /L/E

Okay so let's look at E5440 here...

I actually have Lilu.kext in kexts/Other AND I have AppleHDA_ALC292.kext in /L/E. This is how I sound was working with 10.13.3

I can remove ALC292 from /L/E and find AppleALC.kext to put in kexts/Other and give it a shot. Will report back here.

EDIT: So I got the latest AppleALC and Lilu and put them in kexts/Other. II removed AppleHDA_ALC292 on my E5440 /L/E and repaired permissions. And I disabled AppleHDA patches in config.plist. Did not work.

PS - I tried the same thing on E6330 except of course I removed AppleHDA_IDT.kext from /L/E and it DID work!

Within AppleALC.kext info.plist I see an entry for Dell Latitude E6430 with Layout Id of 12. Thinking that's why it worked in E6330. If I'm right, need some help creating entry for E5440. Finally, also need to know if I need CodecCommander.kext on the E5440 (I don't use on E6330 which is the other difference)