Internet Connection via LAN cable from Windows 10 laptop

mattj88

Hey,

I just finished my first Hackintosh build on my E6540.  :)   Some things still not working, but getting there. :)

I don't yet have a compatible wireless card, so I thought I would simply bridge my wireless connection in my home from my Windows 10 PC (Dell E6540 also).  Anyone try this before?  It appears that both laptops have the same Intel I217-LM network card in them, both capable of something called "MDI-X".  In theory, I should not need a crossover cable and the windows laptop should be able to share it's wireless connection, by the simple process of "bridging" the two connections with a single click inside the Windows 10 Networking Connections setup.  As such, it doesn't work.  The bridge is created, however, once I plug the cable into the back of the Windows 10 PC, and the other end into the Hackintosh laptop, the wireless connection to the Windows 10 PC is lost.  The LAN cable connection is successful though.

Is it possible the router providing the wireless signal needs to be capable of this type of bridge, or is that irrelevant?

Thanks!

Ok, thanks.  I ended up just picking up a wireless AP from Goodwill for $2.99 and connected it to the network, instead of dealing with silly Windows 10.  Should have done that two days ago. :)  I guess I learned something though, so that counts for something. :)