Help me with my laptop on Mojave (Inspiron 5570)

kostas54

@gebele04, yes kexts will be still loaded. You can delete RealtekRTL8100.kext (but you will not have ethernet) and AirportBrcmFixup,BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRAM2 kexts , which are for dw1560.

25 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Is there something you're specifically after?

Change OSID to XSID (to avoid match against _OSI XOSI patch)
Change _OSI to XOSI, use with SSDT-XOSI.aml
Change _DSM to XDSM (needed for _DSM injections, e.g. for HDEF, IGPU)
Change ECDV to EC (so Mac OS knows about the Embedded Controller)
Change HDAS to HDEF (needed for audio)
Change HECI to IMEI (so Mac OS can natively use the Management Engine)
Change GFX0 to IGPU (needed for graphics)
Rename method UPRW to XPRW and use with SSDT-UPRW.aml to fix USB "instant wake" on sleep
Rename method GPRW to YPRW and use with SSDT-UPRW.aml to fix USB "instant wake" on sleep
change GPI0 device _STA to XSTA
change I2C devices _CRS to XCRS

I'm not really in a position to make much comment... I saw nothing out of the norm or that was not applicable to your raw DSDT.

There are 2 problems , first battery readings from activity monitor are inaccurate (compared to bios,ioreg and coconut battery). Second problem is that brightness doesn't autmatically change when connect/disconnect power cord.

Kostas54 said: "There are 2 problems , first battery readings from activity monitor are inaccurate (compared to bios,ioreg and coconut battery). Second problem is that brightness doesn't autmatically change when connect/disconnect power cord."

@Kostas54: When I unplug the power cord, the brightness automatically change on my laptop. When the brightness in the room decrease, Mojave automatically adapts desktop's colors and luminosity.

@Jake Lo, can I ask for a big favour ?

As you can see , after a a lot of readings , I managed acpi hotpathing on this laptop. But ,as I'm far for an expert, I always wonder if that is the best for my system.

If you' have the time could you make acpi hotpatching for me , from scratch ?

I really thank you.

Hello Kostas54

I've just received my new SSD M.2 Sata Samsung 860 EVO and 8 Gb DDR4 ram for upgrade.

The DW1830 wifi/Bt module is not yet arrived.

Is there something to modify in the system for a correct working ?

For my understanding, what is the objective of your debug_24997,zip file ?

Hi Everybody,

I've got a problem with my Dell 5570 Hackintosh.

I was using so far my new laptop with 8 Gb memory and a SSD Sata Kinston 240 Gb.

Yesterday, I've installed 16 Gb memory and added a M.2 Sata Samsung Evo 860.

I had re-installed Mojave on the M.2 SSD and modified bios setting to boot on this drive. I've formatted the Sata SSD Kingston 240 Gb (MS-DOS / MBR) for dual boot Windows 10

I've copied/pasted old EFI folder on the new M.2 SSD but the trackpad doesn't work anymore. Do you know why ? I've done any modification in the Kexts folder or the config.plist...

Thanks for your answer

Grég

EDIT: SOLVED. I made a fresh install and it works. I had some issues with bluetooth on DW1830 module because there were some kexts missing in kexts folder. It's quite normal because Kostas54 doesn't  have this equipment but the DW1810 module were only BT works properly and not Wifi/BT both.

So, I've added these kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/ Folder:

FakePCIID.kexts

BrcmFirmwareData.kext

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext 

Now, both Wifi and BT work properly