Lenovo Thinkpad T470s: tweaking High Sierra

Dan_Marshall

Hi Jake,

Thanks for replying - apologies for the vague description in original post.

Main issues are:

Slow boot time and can only successfully boot in verbose

Trackpad works using rehabmans voodooPS2 kext however is jumping - curser jumps erratically during use.

No battery indicator unless power plugged in. In energy saver sys prefs the show battery indicator button does not work (stay on) and battery charge shows 0%. When power is plugged in only shows 7% charge and looks like it is not charging (but is). This particular model of the Thinkpad has 2 batteries installed. 

Brightness buttons also not working

I installed High Sierra (10.13.6) quite easily on the machine using files and kexts from this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/315451-guide-lenovo-t460-macos-with-clover/ 

There is a user there with the t470p model which is very similar however I did use custom kexts particular to this model (wifi card etc) and edited the config.plist best I can but do feel custom edits are required on the DSDT / SSDT to fine tune the system correctly (beyond my skillset unfortunately :) ) The DSDT and SSDT files in the debug files are original from my machine dumped from clover.

Thanks again Jake

Hi Jake - tried a few of the files from the repo but ended up braking my system :) 

Got it back to original state from the install USB and clover folder from the debug files from a few posts back. Definitely believe it isrelated to a fine tune on the DSDT however its beyond my capabilities at this stage. If you could offer any advice or point me in the right direction I would be grateful

Thanks in advance

Dan