[Latitude e5430] Need assistance w/ setting up HW

BruceBlaine

So I have installed Mojave 10.14, and per requested by Jake Lo, I am creating this topic to state that I need assistance in setting up my DSDT (as my screen goes black when attempting to boot from my prior DSDT.aml, so currently using BIOS.aml), Only one of my USB ports works (on the right side), and for the life of me (not for the lack of trying), have been unsuccessful in regards to getting my sound working using AppleALC. Hopefully I will be able to have a nice patron assist me and be my wingman in finalizing this setup... My hardware specs are in "About Me" in the Profile. Maybe Teamviewer with someone (if requested)? Thank you, and blessings!

• Moderators

You should put the details in your signature file, rather than in About Me.

So to help you, we need you to get a few things.

Boot to Clover, at the GUI, press F4. Now continue on to OSX.

Now run and attach the debug files. Click on my signature file link Problem Reporting

I have everything working now, minus the audio. Is there by any chance that you all could assist me in such? its the IDT92HD93 code, and injecting layout ID 12 isn't working for some reason? I have vanilla AppleHDA in S/L/E, and AppleALC. AppleALC is loading. Would someone like to Teamviewer with me to potentially resolve this? Thank you all so much for your willingness to help! It is so greatly appreciated! I look forward to hearing back from you all, when you can! :)

• Administrators

according to  https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/tree/master/Resources/IDT92HD93BXX layout 12 is the correct layout id. are you sure you dont have other audio related kexts that are not the apple stock ones in maybe S/L/E or in L/E also check the clover kexts os version your booting folder. i believe also clover rev 4700 has also injection issues. if you are on that version update it to latest also

12 hours ago, BruceBlaine said:

L'audio funziona ora tramite l'aiuto di Jake

Hi, you've checked if siri works for you.
I also installed Mojave on the Dell 5430 but siri did not work then I added a patch on Applealc and now it's all Ok ... if you need let me know.