E6420 research thread

Stork

I have Mountain Lion 10.8.2 running with the same results as 10.7.5 + screen luminosity control is working (NVS 4200M).

To get it working I had to use Kexts from e6520 thread started by Igashu (most important one is NV4200M next which loads NV*100Hal.kext for more device ids).

To get volume control working -> see VoodooHDA volume control fix. Basically you have to enable "Volume change fix" and "Mute fix" within the kext.

Also, if you get "AGPM controller: unsupported platform" during boot -> thats because MacBookPro 8,2 were released with ATI cards instead of NVidia, so go to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and copy one of the non-"IGPU" nodes from MacBookPro 6,2 config and rename them to "GFX0". This will enable proper power management for video card.

i just thought id let people know how i got my e6420 to work somewhat properly

I used iFail ML2 installed etc

Following kexts were used message me for them if necessary:

Voodoo HDA 2.7.3 for sound
KB/Trackpad Kext for trackpad/mouse etc.
some voodoo Battery kext for battery

NOT working below:

Shutdown/Sleep/Restart
Volume Control Buttons
VGA & HDMI Output
WiFi (Unsupported Dell D1501 Replaceable via ebay 4.99$)

Bluetooth

Specs:

Intel i5-2540M @ 2.60GHz

Nvidia 4200m 512mb

8Gig Ram

SSD 500gb

WiFi - Dell D1501

• Administrators

Good for you, but here we support retail version installation through myHack installer, not distros. That allows us to build a comprehensive dedicated set of kexts and support users in a controlled way with a sound underlying common base.

Good for you, but here we support retail version installation through myHack installer, not distros. That allows us to build a comprehensive dedicated set of kexts and support users in a controlled way with a sound underlying common base.

Yes i know, but it is a research thread and because you use no distro's. Their are people who do, so i was giving them my run through of my situation/'s. Also i have used non distro/retail version through myHack, etc etc. and same issues are present its as if they were of the same.

To get back on topic of course, is there any solutions to the problems stated above or ?