E6420 research thread

Stork

• Moderators

Nope, the Latitude E6420 link in your signature.

But can assume that dosent relate to my keyboard/mouse issue which is happening with the old extra you gave me.

Taking all the above into account, wuld I have a better experence using OSX 10.9? If so how lumpy will it be on this laptop from a perf. point of view.

There's been so many updates and development with this model since you've last installed ML. You will have a better experience with this new OS and guide linked for E6520 with Optimus enabled.

There's been so many updates and development with this model since you've last installed ML. You will have a better experience with this new OS and guide linked for E6520 with Optimus enabled.

Ok thanks mister, when I get around to playing with this again I'll come back here with the results.

Hello everybody,

First, many thanks to all for hard work provided, results are there ;-)

My specs : E6420 / i5 2520M / 4GB / HD3000 / 250 WD blue hdd

@Jake Lo : for me, installation following your second link failed for me (install begin but stuck 5 sec after Apple logo, no video)
What has work for me is your first link above and yes I'm sure to not have nv card in my laptop.
I follow your instructions and all works for me but :
* install process failed if "USBBusFix=No" is not set
* osx takes 1 min 30 to load, I see the screen login for 1/10 sec and pc turn to hibernate
I have to push power button (it is blinking) to keep it from this state, waiting for 30 sec then I can putmy password in login screen.
After that, all is right, I have a functional osx

Any idea please about this issue ?

Thanks and have a nice day 8-)

Depending on your BIOS version and built-in LCD res, this guide may (or may not) apply to you...

Hi Hervé,

I've checked with "lspci -nn", exactly the same hardware conf as your's

Tried your guide, install process begins but stucks at 5 sec

Boot with "-v" flag : <panic> cpu3 too long to responds, backtrace : AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

PS : why did you set screen resolution on 1440*900 in dsdt ?

• Administrators

I did not set screen res to 1440x900 in DSDT, I used a pre-made DSDT; can't remember where I got it from. If you meant the Chameleon boot plist, I guess you already know it's just cosmetic for the Apple Logo startup screen and the reason for such resolution is that I use Cham Wizard to manage by boot plists...

For the rest, you did not forget the very last lines of the guide, did you?