Dell Latitude E6540 DW1550 AND Mojave no wifi

satchitananda

• Moderators

Move Lilu.kext from /S/L/E to /L/E

AirportBrcmFixup.kext won't load without it in the same location.

Repair permissions and rebuild cache. 

Or move both to Clover kext. Same for Whatevergreen in Clover kexts, missing Lilu.kext. 

• Administrators

DW1550 requires patching:

1. card PCI id injection either through DSDT or Brcm4360 kext patching; you may also use Rehabman's fake PCI id kexts as an alternative
  2. possible further patching to enable 5GHz band support (aka "fcvo" patch)

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/2120-inventory-of-supported-and-unsupported-wireless-cards/

You can consult all existing thread/posts related to BCM4352 in our wireless & Bluetooth section here:

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/forum/104-wireless-and-bluetooth/

Thank you Jake Lo and Herve for your help.

Jake I have done as you have suggested , however still no WIFI , I have also added into L/E.   BroadcomWiFiInjector.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

Herve there is no BRCM4360 kext in Mojave unless I am missing something? 

I don't know how to do PCI id injection through DSDT however this sounds like a good option , would either of you be able to guide me on how to do do PCI id injection through DSDT I have MaciASL which I think is the correct app to patch my DSDT.

Thanks again.

• Administrators

Details are provided in the 1st link I posted, you have to read it. I'd patch this for you but I could not see your Wifi card in the IOReg you provided. Make sure wireless is not disabled in BIOS...

As for the Brcm4360 kext, well... it's a PlugIn of IO80211Family kext in /S/L/E.

When I goto Clover configurator and goto kexts to patch and enter the name AirPortBrcm4360  and the follow the instructions below

<dict><key>Comment</key> <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data> <key>Name</key> <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string> <key>Replace</key> <data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data> </dict>

after I enter gflSqgAAdSk= into find with or without the = it then says FAAD? 

Thank you Herve when I enter gflSqgAAdSk = into the Base64 to HExa converter tool in CC I get the following message Invalid base64 data , however when I enter gflSqgAAdSk = data into the text to Hex tool in CC I get a value , so I have patched the AirPortBrcm4360  with the values I shared in my post above using the using the text to Hex converter in CC then repair permissions and rebuild cache still no wifi ? I have uploaded an image from CC for you too look at 

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 9.13.15 am.png

• Moderators

@satchitananda

when you replace something, it must be of the same length...Go ahead and remove it. AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo patch is already integrated into FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

Add this to Device FakeID under wifi 0x433114e4 in Config file

and since you already have FakePCIID.kext already in /L/E, add to it FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

Repair permissions and rebuild cache